Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: anyone wear fit flops ?  (Read 19400 times)

kerrieann

anyone wear fit flops ?
« on: June 30, 2013, 09:22:04 AM »

anyone wear fit flops i have heard they can be good for low back ache when walking ?

ellie

Re: anyone wear fit flops ?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 11:58:57 AM »

Not in my case, I have a bad back and really flat shoes make it worse.

Rowan

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2013, 12:24:29 PM »

Kerrieann I wear fit flops al the time in summer, I have two pairs, when I first started wearing them, it make me ache more in the legs and lower back, this has gotten better and I noticed that they do firm up legs and tummy if you walk a lot. I don't think it has improved my hip and sacro illiaac joint that much though as I still have it but not to the degree it was six months ago.

Due to the ibuprofen scares I have stopped taking it  ( not sure if this is a good thing or not)

What I have started taking is Boron ( started a month ago) and what I have found is my two little fingers that that had started aching and clicking have cleared up, from what I have read hip and lower back pain can take longer. Here is some info

http://actualcures.com/pain-relief-boron-hip-joint-pain-relief.html

There is an awful lot of evidence to back Boron up and if you go to Google scholar you will find scientific research and conclusions.

It also increases estrodiol and testosterone and can act like an HRT for post menopause women.  Its a cheap mineral to take and the cheapest is at Holland&Barrett, the dose is 3mgs a day.

These are the fit flops I wear the most as they have an elastic band strap, the others can be a bit uncomfortable on the top of your foot as they are not made very wide, you can get them on amazon

« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 12:51:12 PM by silverlady »

kerrieann

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2013, 01:05:56 PM »

silverlady  sounds interesting iam having terrible pain in my hips gp said it coming from lower back and iam waiting to start a course of physio i cant take anti inflam as i have a sensitive stomach and also take blood pressure meds and was told they can stop them working properly i hate taking any meds to be honest as i seem to get side effects from almost everything i have been using a magnesium oil spray for around a week havent noticed any benefit yet but i think these things take a while will have a read about the boron though thanks  kerrie

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2013, 03:45:27 PM »

Flip flops are dangerous  ::)  ....... many children have cut their toes as they stub them against pavements/kerbs - they were banned in School  :o - also if they 'flip flop' they do NOTHING to aid posture or help bad backs ......... watch people in the street when you next go to town to see how badly/not they walk and what they have on their footsies  ;)

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2013, 03:57:20 PM »

Flip flops are dangerous  ::)  ....... many children have cut their toes as they stub them against pavements/kerbs - they were banned in School  :o - also if they 'flip flop' they do NOTHING to aid posture or help bad backs ......... watch people in the street when you next go to town to see how badly/not they walk and what they have on their footsies  ;)

They're taking about FIT-Flops CLKD. They're different to flip-flops. They are higher off the ground and have more support.

I have 2 pairs and I've also had a lookey-likey pair (half the price) from a shopping outlet place and they were fine too.  Skechers are almost identical and similar price and I've had a pair of those too.  At the moment I am wearing Clarks version of FitFlops and they're comfy too.

I don't really believe all the claims they make about these sandals but I honestly do find them very comfy and they suit me anyway.

ellie

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2013, 04:16:43 PM »

Ohhh! Fit flops I have never heard of.....nor can I wear the toe posts...ouch!

Rowan

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2013, 04:30:15 PM »

Oh dear fit flops,  flip flops  :)

Heres the science  http://www.cloggs.co.uk/icat/fitflops_science

Flip flop the kind we wore  in Singapore including the Singaporians, , they were were plain and made of cheap rubber and cost about 1dollar

« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 04:34:40 PM by silverlady »

kerrieann

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2013, 05:00:57 PM »

just had a look at the link and saw some crocs sandals i had a pair a few years ago before i started suffering with the hip pain when walking now they were really springy and soft to walk in researching this footwear business it seems that what we need is something which is not hard and flat for your feet now i dont quite understand that as i was once old barefoot is best ?

Rowan

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2013, 05:06:23 PM »

You are right kerriean barefoot is good for us, its odd that I have no problem with it (well on grass and sand which is a good workout) but

wearing completely flat shoes like Ballerinas can be a bit of a strain.

kerrieann

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2013, 05:10:09 PM »

ive always walked around the house and garden barefoot but when i saw a chirpractor a few months ago she said my feet were flat  :( so i have been wearing birkenstocks all day because they have a footbed and i thought i was doing the right thing now i wonder if iam

Rowan

« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 05:20:25 PM by silverlady »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2013, 05:24:02 PM »

I HATE anything between my toes -  :o - sand, grass, fingers, socks, flip flops  ::)

kerrieann

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2013, 05:37:33 PM »

silverlady where do you get all your interesting links from  :)  ive been quite engrossed looking at all these sandals  thanks  kerrie

Joyce

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2013, 09:35:25 PM »

So you may not have to buy new sandals after all.  I have Birkenstocks as well as Fitflops. If you look at Fitflop website they are not all toe thong styles.
Pages: [1] 2 3