Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14

Author Topic: dr made a mistake ?  (Read 47723 times)

Greyhoundgal

Re: dr made a mistake ?
« Reply #165 on: August 19, 2013, 12:20:20 PM »

I'm glad you've seen another GP Kerrieann - he at least sounds as if he is taking your concerns seriously.  Is the consultant appointment before or after your holiday?

kerrieann

« Reply #166 on: August 20, 2013, 08:42:07 AM »

greyhoundgal  my appointment is when we get back from holiday, i had a phone call last 2 weeks ago to go to physio and have now been twice, when we had finished yesterday i told her about the appointment and said i wasn't sure who i was seeing, she checked on the computer and told me it is another physio that i am seeing,  :-\  apparently then she will asses me and then i will be seen either by a consultant or maybe just carry on with the physio i have now.
So confusing all this is.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #167 on: August 20, 2013, 11:05:52 AM »

Are you doing the exercises?

Greyhoundgal

« Reply #168 on: August 20, 2013, 12:12:20 PM »

I was referred to a physio as well but he was the one that could book MRI scans etc - so maybe that's the type you have to see.  Keep up with the exercises though, even while you're waiting.  What sort of holiday have you booked?  Is it one where you will be able to sit and relax and perhaps do some swimming?

kerrieann

« Reply #169 on: August 20, 2013, 02:03:54 PM »

yes i am still doing the stretches and the holiday is a beach type so relax ans swim.

CLKD

« Reply #170 on: August 20, 2013, 02:10:19 PM »

Someone else to carry the cases though?

kerrieann

« Reply #171 on: August 20, 2013, 02:34:56 PM »

yep

CLKD

« Reply #172 on: August 20, 2013, 03:38:28 PM »

:clapping:

Rowan

« Reply #173 on: August 20, 2013, 03:44:12 PM »

It is an MRI scan that you definitely need kerrieann, I can't wait until 9th of September when I see the Consultant for the results of my scan, and then hopefully an injection.

These last few weeks have made my back so much worse with the toing and froing from the hospital, all the carrying plus all the stress, they say you should carry on doing things if you have a bad back but I don't think this has worked in my case, sometimes I feel like crying from the discomfort when all I want is to get on and do the things I have always done.

Kerrie insist on a  MRI scan its the only way to find out what is really wrong.

kerrieann

« Reply #174 on: August 20, 2013, 04:34:09 PM »

Silverlady, i know just how you feel, sometimes i feel like a fraud, but i just can't walk far at all without pain.
When i had this appointment come through, also 9th sept, i thought it was with a consultant but apparently its with another physio :-\ but when greyhoundgal said that she too had an appointment with a physio who could arrange for scans i felt a bit better, as it was i felt like i was going round in circles, when like yourself, i only want to know what is wrong and then take it from there.
At least your getting there now and hopefully will get sorted and maybe i won't be too far behind  :)
Hope things with your other half are settling a bit now as it can't help having all that stress.

kerrieann

« Reply #175 on: August 22, 2013, 09:34:57 AM »

quick update and your thoughts ladies please, i held the dog on his lead yesterday for about 20 mins walking round the pet shop, we are trying to get him to stop pulling on the lead, he's very strong, weighs 3 stone, anyway last night i could hardly move with pain in the bottom of my back and both hips, its making me think that my problems are from lower back and maybe the pain in my hips is referred from my back
Does that make sense to anyone  :-\

CLKD

« Reply #176 on: August 22, 2013, 03:15:39 PM »

It makes sense to get someone else to walk him.  You have a bad back  ;) so any exercise that your frame is not used to will 'pull'.  A long hot bath.

What type of dog is he?  Have you tried a harness plus haltie and do you have a professional dog walker who could take him for you, to teach him? 

Taz2

« Reply #177 on: August 22, 2013, 03:50:49 PM »

I think we talked about this before. I thought I posted a link further back in the thread. Lower back degeneration (wear and tear) which you said you have been diagnosed with can show up as lower back, hip and groin pain. It's sort of standard really. It is worse on walking or standing and improves with sitting or lying.

Treatment is by physiotherapy and painkillers. I know you have problems with some painkillers so we did suggest the gel I think - have you asked your doc for that if you can't take the painkillers prescribed? It might make a lot of difference.

Taz x

kerrieann

« Reply #178 on: August 22, 2013, 06:41:10 PM »

Clkd, It was a 1 off, me walking the dog, other half walks him twice a day, but i get so fed up of not joining in as it were, that i said i wanted to walk him around the pet shop, my own fault :(
He is an 8 month old staffy and he is golden but gets so excited when out for walks that he pulls, he has a harness, and we tried him with a halty in the store but he kept pulling it off, little monkey.
So it's down to other half for walks, i am not one for sitting around so i am finding it very hard, we have had him nearly 7 months and i have only been out with them probably 3 times but i won't be doing anymore walking until i get this back problem sorted, it's just too damn painful.
I bought some hotter sandals 2 days ago and have worn them till today and my legs are killing me, so i rang the chiropodist that i see, and she told me that they were a form of exercise sandal and that i should have only worn them for a few hours a day till i was used to them, although she they would be good for my back, so i have overdone that now, can't seem to get anything right  :-\  I will get there in the end .

kerrieann

« Reply #179 on: August 22, 2013, 06:50:29 PM »

Taz, thats spot on, the groin pain is agony when i am walking or if i stand for a while, last night for instance i stood and made just 4 salad rolls and a drink in the kitchen and my hips were agony  :( 
I am having physio but just once a fortnight, and doing the exercises 3 or 4 times a day.
When i asked the gp about the gel he said, you may as well rub any cream into your skin as it will not penetrate, so they won't prescribe anymore  :-\
I know that i can buy the gel but to be honest i don't really know where to rub it in, the pain is sort of right in the groins, skins a bit thin there, and if its coming from my lower back should i be putting it there ?
Can you advise me please
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14