Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: blondes  (Read 8485 times)

kerrieann

blondes
« on: June 27, 2013, 06:16:42 PM »

hi all wondering if there are any of you blondes out there who colour your hair at home and what you use ?  i have long hair which is mousey and always have highlights which costs a damn fortune and iam stuck in the hairdressers chair for hour and i hate it i put a colour on a few months ago it was a medium blonde and the roots came out gingery  :( now i have nothing against red heads i have a son and grandson with lovely red hair but not for me  :D i have tried in the past putting a light brown over the highlights and everyone asks if iam ill  :( so dont want to go brown then again dont want to be peroxide blonde either just a nice medium blonde   any thoughts ?

honeybun

Re: blondes
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 07:22:12 PM »

My daughter is blond but likes to be blonder. She uses the newish one called Olia (sp)'

It's gentle and gives her a good colour that does not look matt.

She also uses a blue shampoo to keep it from looking brassy.

Honeyb
X

kerrieann

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 07:35:13 PM »

hi honeybun is that the one with oils in it ? meant to be good for the hair

honeybun

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2013, 08:07:12 PM »

Yes that's the one. I don't like my daughter using peroxide. This is very gentle but works really well.
I use it too but in a darker shade and its the only one I have used that does not make my scalp sting and takes ages to fade.
We really like it.

If you are inclined to go a bit ginger try a hair colour that has "ash" in the title. Ash brown, blond etc. It seems to cut down on the ginger effect.

My daughter was a hair dye aholic for a while, so we have used most types and colours including red purple and jet black.
She eventually had to have her hair professionally stripped so it's a case of been there and bought the T shirt when it comes to hair dye.

Honeyb
X

kerrieann

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2013, 08:14:02 PM »

thanks for that hb  the bit about it going a bit gingery is what i want to avoid so i will look for something with ash in it  :)

Rowan

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2013, 09:15:30 AM »

Your best bet is to go for a brand that says Natural or Natural Light Blonde, ash can go a bit muddy or grey looking and warmer colours as you say can go gingery.

Have you tied the Garnier Belle Blond series they are gentle, another one is Nice n Easy.

Here is a UK website who will make up and send you a shade that will suit you.

https://www.esalon.com/color_profile?restart=1&utm_source=1day_haircolorforwomen&utm_medium=email_link&utm_campaign=inquirer_advertorial_TaboolaUK_UK7&utm_content=inquirer_50off

kerrieann

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2013, 09:31:49 AM »

thanks for that silverlady sounds perfect makeing a perfect shade for you have you tried it ?

Rowan

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2013, 09:52:36 AM »

Not yet but I tempted as they give full money back guarantee if not satisfied , I have read that hairdressers are up in arms about this site and are saying they are taking business away from them.

kerrieann

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2013, 10:07:20 AM »

exciting  ;D  doesnt take alot   i will have a look on there see how you go about it yes i can see hairdressers not being happy with what they charge  :)