Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Ironic....!!!  (Read 2242 times)

skkb

Ironic....!!!
« on: June 25, 2013, 07:41:39 AM »

On today's news, tamoxifen for healthy women with high risk of developing breast cancer - may induce the dreaded hot flushes. Those of us taking hrt to eliminate the flushes but giving us a raised risk of developing breast cancer!!! Gosh, it's all about quality of life for each individual.

Joyce

Re: Ironic....!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 07:46:59 AM »

Just saw that on news. It's all about making an informed choice. I take HRT, my choice. Wanted quality as alternative was unbearable.

skkb

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 08:46:40 AM »

Me to, my quality of life was also unbearable. anyone who hasn't suffered extreme symptoms probably would think we're weak, but for me the symptoms were completely life changing, hope that doesn't sound daft!!

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 09:27:37 PM »

I lost a friend to breast cancer last year which was oestrogen receptive. She was philosophical that the HRT she had taken for six years in her fifties (she was 62) may have been partly to blame. What she found difficult though was the fact that she had taken HRT to combat the hot sweats and then the sweats she got from the chemo were even worse than the ones she had in meno.

Taz x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2013, 10:00:54 AM »

Tamoxifen almost killed me  :-\ and it is different from chemotherapy given to cancer sufferers.  Tamoxifen is given following surgery and treatment for 5 years to woemn with oestrogen dominant breast disease.  It was given to me in order to minimise the 'risk' of the cancer returning.  However, it can cause womb cancer, as happened to a friend - she got rid of the breast disease, had 6 years of Taomoxifen before womb problems followed by breast disease anyway - she's had 2 years of treatment so is in remission.

It is about quality of Life.