Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Sad today  (Read 4032 times)

catfreak

Sad today
« on: June 23, 2013, 03:39:09 PM »

Hello. I previously posted about my hair loss when taking Elleste Duet. After some really helpful comments & advice especially Hurdity I went to my GP & asked for Femoston instead which she agreed to. After about 3 or 4 weeks I havent started them yey I thought I would see if I could manage my moods & anxiety without them!! Not sure I can!! Anxiety been slowing building up culminating in ameltdown last night & today. Cant stop crying, raging etc. Shall I just crack on with the Femoston?
To confuse me even more I saw a friend I havent seen for a while on Friday. She could tell I wasnt myself straightaway _ I was v anxious & worried she wouldnt enjoy our night out & kept asking for reassurance etc _ exactly as I do with my hubbie. I told herabout my meno. Shes suffered anxiety & depression & is on meds for anxiety. She says my symptoms are classic mild depression & anxiety. Which oddly is what my GP said very first time I went. But my bloods said meno. What does anyone think about meds for anxiety or shall I take the HRT & ride it out & pray my marriage survives it.
Sorry its so garbled. Im all over the place today & feel very lonely. I dont really talk about it with anyone & think my husband is at end of his tether.
xxx

Elena

Re: Sad today
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013, 05:11:20 PM »

It's hard to say without knowing more.  What made you delay taking the Femoston? 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2013, 05:40:00 PM »

Crack on, what have you to lose  :-\  ........... anxiety and depression can be exaccerbated by hormonal upheavals.  The longer you leave it the longer it will take to 'kick in'.

Limpy

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2013, 06:03:45 PM »

Catfreak - As CLKD says - give Femoston a go.
It will probably help. But even if it doesn't you can always stop, but give it a bit of time first.
Whatever, it's not an easy time, but don't fret, you are not alone.

catfreak

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2013, 06:25:40 PM »

Not sure why I delayed the Femoston. I think bacause I was so upset about my hair loss i was scared about taking anything else. I will start the Femoston & see how I go. Sometimes I feel.so rotten I cant believe its meno & think surely I must hsve depression then I come on this site & realise Im not the only one. Thank you xx

Limpy

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2013, 07:19:15 PM »

Meno really isn't easy.
I had been going through it and not realised it.
I was taking the pill till I was 54. this had masked some of the symptoms, but not all.
My marriage nearly went awol, me getting ratty/weepy and very very dry in the sensitive areas, my OH not knowing what he had done wrong.
Fortunately started seeing female GPs and getting reasonable advice.
Still isn't easy though......

Try the Femoston, it may help.
We need all the help we can get

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2013, 07:37:57 PM »

No it's not easy I agree.

But - mild depression and anxiety are classic psychological symptoms of menopause which can be relieved through hormone replacement - provided no medical reason why not.

Taking ADs before you have tried all the different hormone therapies would be a pity - only after you have made sure your hormones are balanced and at the right level should you look to alternatives because otherwise it is just like sticking plaster - you are not treating the underlying cause.

Do try the Femoston for 2-3 months - as I expect I said before - if after 3 months these don't resolve your problems you can try transdermal (patch or gel) oestrogen and bio-identical progesterone (Utrogestan).

I do hope these work for you - and hang in there - and tell your husband that what you are experiencing is normal -that's what I told mine!

Keep us posted as to how you are.

Hurdity  x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2013, 08:18:21 PM »

The Change - not called that for nowt  >:(  .......... you are not alone! 

Greyhoundgal

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2013, 12:30:34 PM »

I was the same as you a couple of years ago and when I saw our practise nurse she said that some HRT can almost act as an anti-depressant.  I started off on Femeston 1/10 and to me it's been a life-saver.  I'm a different woman to the one I was a couple of years ago - yes, I still have "off" days but nothing like it used to be.  Give the Femeston a go - but give it time to kick in as well.

catfreak

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2013, 09:54:38 PM »

Thanks ladies. Your comments have brought tears to my eyes. Its nice to talk to people who understand. My husband of 24 years & my rock is at the end of his tether & doesnt understand who can blame him. I started the Femoston today. Hopefully my next post will be a more happier one ! xx

Suzi Q

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2013, 03:06:24 AM »

Hello. I previously posted about my hair loss when taking Elleste Duet. After some really helpful comments & advice especially Hurdity I went to my GP & asked for Femoston instead which she agreed to. After about 3 or 4 weeks I havent started them yey I thought I would see if I could manage my moods & anxiety without them!! Not sure I can!! Anxiety been slowing building up culminating in ameltdown last night & today. Cant stop crying, raging etc. Shall I just crack on with the Femoston?
To confuse me even more I saw a friend I havent seen for a while on Friday. She could tell I wasnt myself straightaway _ I was v anxious & worried she wouldnt enjoy our night out & kept asking for reassurance etc _ exactly as I do with my hubbie. I told herabout my meno. Shes suffered anxiety & depression & is on meds for anxiety. She says my symptoms are classic mild depression & anxiety. Which oddly is what my GP said very first time I went. But my bloods said meno. What does anyone think about meds for anxiety or shall I take the HRT & ride it out & pray my marriage survives it.
Sorry its so garbled. Im all over the place today & feel very lonely. I dont really talk about it with anyone & think my husband is at end of his tether.
xxx

It does sound like anxiety depression if you want to why not see GP first before HRT he said in first place nerves
Give iot ago you have nothing to loose xxxxxxxxxx