Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: RIP James Gandolphini  (Read 7945 times)

Suzi Q

RIP James Gandolphini
« on: June 20, 2013, 02:46:46 AM »

He died last night in Scicily of a mssive heart attack and stroke 51 thats no age
He was attending a film festival there with his wife and BABY daughte how sad
He was such a smashing actor loved him in the Sopranos
But there is an INDI film out called Welcome to the Rileys with Kristen Stewart (TWILIGHT)
A really good film google it just sad and so bloody young too xxxx

Joyce

Re: RIP James Gandolphini
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 07:11:10 AM »

Just seen it on Sky news. Loved him in Sopranos! He gained a lot of weight over the series, not that he was slim to start with.  He was a very good actor.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 09:42:33 AM »

Never heard of him  ::) - when it was read on BBC 9.00 a.m. News, I thought 'who'?  No age, maybe Life-style choices?

Cazikins

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2013, 04:54:49 PM »

I loved this guy, & I loved the Sopranos.   :'(

He was a brilliant actor CLKD, but The Sopranos was not a series to everyones liking.... very rough & the language well  ;) need I say more.

I loved the episode where Christoper (Tony's "nephew") & Paulie were stranded out in the snow & chasing down a Russian.... Classic.

BADA BING TONY, BADA BING  :parti: :parti: :parti:

Suzi Q

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2013, 06:20:38 AM »

Yes he was heavily overweight probably morbidly obesse
But people die of heart attack who are thin as rakes?

Cuba glad you saw it what did you thnk fab film hey These little films are called INDIE films so many out there with Massive stars all done on the cheap very low if any pay to showcase their different acting skills I love them and WTR was a smashing film
Another one to loo out for is YELLOW HANDJERCHEIF with John Hurt and again Kristen Stewart
Cakle eaters is another so many huge 60 odd year old Holly wood ators in about a girl with Motor Nurone diseas sounds ssad but its not its funny and bloody good

oldsheep

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2013, 08:34:42 AM »

RIP James G. Years from now, people will still remember Tony Soprano.
He wasn't just a good actor, he was a great actor.
this clip is great
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZQ9r7rogNg

Cazikins

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2013, 10:57:56 AM »

And not one F word in that clip oldsheep  ;D ;D
The ducks, yes that's how it all began wasn't it, them landing on his swimming pool.

I was listening to Radio 2 on the way to work yesterday morning & I caught an audio clip they were playing of the Sopranos. At the end Chris Evans (the DJ) asked what was so special about that clip?.... it was the only one they could play..

I know there is a lot of swearing, in a lot of films/programmes which I feel is unnecessary - but in the big S, it seemed appropriate & it wouldn't have been the same without it.

Cazi xx

Joyce

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2013, 11:07:03 AM »

I came across the film one afternoon Suzi. It was so different from his Sopranos character. Excellent.

I rather enjoy Indie films, slightly off the wall and usually much better than a lot of the big blockbusters.

He was a good deal slimmer then too.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 02:08:32 PM by cubagirl »