Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Vagifem Stopped Working  (Read 13231 times)

Taz2

Re: Vagifem Stopped Working
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2013, 06:50:51 PM »

Hi Lynne - have you had the bladder stretched at all? My neighbour suffered tremendous pain and discomfort plus frequent urination with IC and the bladder stretching (distension?) made such a difference and virtually took all the symptoms away. She was also enrolled on a bladder training course in which over quite a few weeks she was taught to retrain her bladder and that was the final icing on the cake (her words).

Although you have had lots of tests what treatments have you been given? Urodynamics is brilliant by the way.

Taz x

Lynne888

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2013, 07:02:40 PM »

Once I was diagnosed with IC the treatment I was given worked perfectly well for years and I had very few flare ups. I didn't have a distention back then as it wasn't needed as the medication was keeping it all under control.   I started to get issues again a few years ago and was sent to a gyno. I wrongly assumed that the problem was IC again when in fact it has progressed to being associated with meno. It didn't dawn on me that it could actually be something else! I'm not meaning to go on about IC on here, I was only trying to explain that I have had a few bladder issues previously. The major thing for me to sort out if I will benefit from taking HRT as well as vagifem. If all of this fails then I will be back on the gyno merry-go-round again and then they may have to look at IC again!! Deep joy!

Hurdity

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2013, 11:15:44 PM »

Hi again Lynne and MINNIE - only just to add to earlier posts, that I am on the HRT that Nightowl mentioned. Estradot 50 mcg oestrogen patches and utrogestan (micronised progesterone) 200 mg ( which I use for 12 days per 2 months vaginally).

Hurdity x

Lynne888

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2013, 11:37:03 PM »

I can't remember fully but I have a feeling my GP said she wouldn't prescribe patches? I wonder if I've got that wrong!

Hurdity

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2013, 10:16:22 AM »

Hopefully wrong! You are entitled to them if that's what you want - and give your reasons.

Hurdity x
Pages: 1 [2]