Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Cant tolerate hot weather  (Read 5291 times)

Meg

Cant tolerate hot weather
« on: June 19, 2013, 12:15:06 AM »

It was absolutely like an oven yesterday such awful humidity.  I was literally wiped out with it, just seems to make it much harder to cope with meno symptoms.  I am just hoping that we will get rain or even a storm to clear the air.  Does anyone else feel so miserable with heat.  I feel really upset that I almost dread summertime now because it makes me feel so much worse!

Meg

Joyce

Re: Cant tolerate hot weather
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 07:14:05 AM »

I'm not good in hot weather, but then I never have been. I'd be useless living in a hot climate. I take HRT so not sure how it feels during hot weather. I had an HRT break a while back but it was over winter/spring and that was bad enough.

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 07:24:21 AM »

That's why I love the Winter - although I do feel sorry for you Summer-lovers who haven't had a decent summer yet and it's the longest day Friday too. I've always been like this though - right from childhood - so it's not a meno thing with me.

Taz x
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 07:27:34 AM by Taz2 »

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 10:31:40 AM »

Eeeek - I was just sitting out in the lovely hot sun (yes I am a sun worshipper and always have been though would probably be less keen if I wasn't on HRT) with my son drinking coffee and we were talking about sleep (he has a sleep app on his phone!) and I suddenly realised it's the longest day then too. After that, it always makes me feel a bit sad because it seems to take so long building up to the summer and as soon as it's there, the year is on the wane again - a relentless march towards winter - I expect you have a celebration Taz!

Meg - it probably depends what you have to do doesn't it - re the hot weather? I wouldn't relish a 5 mile walk in high humidity and hot sun, nor having to work somewhere without fresh air. Best to find ways to keep cool and happy if you can rather than worrying too much. Lots of cotton, few clothes, lots of fresh air, cool fans, cool bath/shower .....

Hurdity x

Rosebush

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2013, 11:58:46 AM »

Meg having suffered hot sweats for 10yrs before going on HRT, I hated any hot days, now I can tolerate warmish days, which helps greatly with my Osteo arthritis, although when its really hot I need to keep in the shade much as possible, as the HRT just doesn't seem to cope.. 

Light cotton tops/tee shirts worked for me, infact pre HRT I lived in Summer clothes all year round..x

JeanneA

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2013, 01:59:48 PM »

I hate the heat and humidity.  Going through the menopause, I find the heat makes my hot flushes much worse day and night.  I am not on HRT, I would appreciate it if anyone could say whether being on HRT lessons the hot flushes?  I just don't know what to do for the best.  I'm scared of going on HRT due to the health scares.

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2013, 03:20:35 PM »

Jeanne - I went onto HRT purely to stop my hot flushes and I was very lucky in that they stopped within 48 hours. I went from drenching ones every twenty minutes, day and night, to none at all. However, some women, such as Rosebush, struggle to find one that will help.

Which health scares in particular?

Taz x

JeanneA

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2013, 03:22:53 PM »

Hi Taz thanks for your comments, it is good to hear that going on HRT for you has proved positive where hot flushes are concerned.  The health scares that worry me is the breast cancer one in particular.

Taz2

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2013, 03:34:23 PM »

I have posted this link on your other thread http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/newsitem.php?recordID=142/Breast-cancer-and-HRT-fact-or-fiction  which is the latest news. It's under the news section of this site from the menu on the left of the screen.

Taz x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2013, 09:52:12 AM »

It's humidity that floors me - literally.  I slept on the patio for 90 mins the other day despite the noise from the building site, birds singing, fish bubbling .........

Joyce

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2013, 10:40:55 AM »

Couldn't stand the stickiness during last night. No air coming in the window at all. 

pj44

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2013, 11:32:17 AM »

I actually woke up frezzing cold last night and had to put on a thicker duvet.  I have 2 duvets and swap and change most of the night.  I don't seem to have any control over my body temp one minute I am frezzing the next I am boiling hot.  I used to love the sun and do like having a suntan, but now I struggle with the heat.  So far no hot flushes though.  My period is the lastest it has been its now 2 months since I had a period and I tell myself everyday that my period will arrive today as most days I feel crap, bloated, headache and yucky period pain and that's just a short list of how I feel >:(

JeanneA

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2013, 01:09:29 PM »

High ladies thanks very much for your comments.  I've just read the link you sent Taz, very interesting reading.  I am quite overweight which does worry me regarding the breast cancer.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2013, 02:36:32 PM »

I find that hot weather causes low blood sugar type feelings so I need to eat more often - not more exactly but spread it out otherwise I get really hungry  ::)

oldsheep

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2013, 05:27:22 PM »

I don't like really hot weather (eg Greece! not England!) but when the sun shines & it's 20 C+, I feel a million times better. In fact, I feel like a massive allergy cloud descends and get a range of very unpleasant sensory symptoms from the grey, breezy weather that we have here in London about 90% of the time, winter and summer  :(