Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Is it just me!!!!  (Read 4229 times)

LizeeeH

Is it just me!!!!
« on: June 12, 2013, 07:09:51 AM »

It would be easier to point out the places I don't ache >:( I went to bramham on sunday and did a lot of walking, boy have I paid for it!!! ankles, low back, knees....even toes!!! Am I the only one that aches ALL OVER?????? its really getting me down and Im resisting taking pain killers but will have to have one today. Heres a list of what aches:
neck
shoulders
elbows
wrists
thumbs?
knees
back
ankles
feet n toes
Geez Im knackered! ;D

Liz x

Joyce

Re: Is it just me!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 07:54:34 AM »

Not just you.

Elena

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 07:56:32 AM »

If you've done a lot more walking than usual then yes I'm afraid you will reap the reward of all that healthy exercise  ::)

I did lots of gardening then walked my dog faster than normal the other day.  That night I could do no more than  lie on the settee as my legs felt too weak to hold me  up  :-\

Hot baths help.  As does lying on the settee watching tv and eating choc  ;)

LizeeeH

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 08:13:57 AM »

sounds good milliemoo  ;D ;D

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 09:24:33 AM »

Exercise is great. I always ache for two days after my exercise class (body conditioning) on Mon eve but best to keep moving (not on the same day!) and the stiffness will go - choc sounds appealing too!!

Hurdity x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2013, 10:00:45 AM »

I wake every monring with sciatica - sometimes in the early hours and certianly on getting out of bed I'm like an Old Woman  >:( and the burning down my thighs sometimes  :-\

Join the party  ::)

LizeeeH

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2013, 10:08:24 AM »

Now I love to "party" but this is one I'd rather not go to ;D ;D I live in a small village so all the women here are either too old to remember what their menopause was like OR too young.....I feel so alone BUT thank god for you lovely ladies :D :D

Evenstar

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2013, 10:47:46 AM »

We invested in one of those memory foam mattresses. Hideously expensive but worth every penny as it has cured a lot of the aches and pains I was experiencing.

ladybird52

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2013, 01:01:33 PM »

In the last year since starting the meno I ache all over (haven't experienced thumbs yet???) but also recently got a memory foam mattress (nearly needed a mortgage to pay for it).  They are great but the trouble is if you go on holiday boy do you miss it! Have just come back from a week away and couldn't wait to get back to my own bed. 

LizeeeH

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2013, 01:30:57 PM »

Ladybird the thumbs will start ;) ;) ;D

Elena

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2013, 01:34:36 PM »

ooooooh yes, I have a memory foam mattress topper.  It does  make a difference, tho not to my feet.  Some mornings I shuffle downstairs like a little old lady til my feet wake up  :-\

ladybird52

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2013, 04:06:08 PM »

Lizeeeh, wouldn't be surprised as it flippin hurts in other places? I hurt my leg in a car accident about 2 years ago and Dr. said it would get better but it never did and now I've got sciatica to contend with as well.  Some days I feel like I'm falling apart...