Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Waistline reappears  (Read 6346 times)

Joyce

Waistline reappears
« on: May 30, 2013, 12:20:35 PM »

Since start of year I've lost 23lbs using fitness app. Today I put on a size smaller T-shirt, pair of turn up chinos and looked in full length mirror and have to say I was pleased with the look, for a change. I've ditched most of my size 18 clothes and replaced with 16s. Unfortunately my boobs have not followed suit. Back size is down to 34 but boobs are still  :boobs: Cost a fortune in bras recently, but hey ho, can't have it all. I've got a new found confidence in how I look. My boobs & belly no longer appear to merge into one, my bum's shrunk as have my legs. When I tried on clothes I already had, I was horrified that I'd needed to wear such shapeless sacks. Ideally I'd like to get down to a 14, but don't want to end up looking haggard. If I can keep this shape I'll be more than happy.
Whether it will be easy to keep off I'm not sure, but I will give it a darned good try.
It can be done. It has taken some effort on my part, watching what I eat and swimming 4 times a week.  I use app on daily basis, and it's helped keep me on straight & narrow. OK I'm no angel, still allow myself some chocolate every day, I'd go potty if I didn't. Some days I go over daily quota, some days under, but it balances itself out.
Guess it's more to do with willpower than anything else. My friends have noticed a big difference. Has hubby? Not really, but then he sees me all the time. But tomorrow I'm putting on a figure hugging outfit to go out for my birthday. If he doesn't notice then I may  :'(  ;D

Taz2

Re: Waistline reappears
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 02:15:05 PM »

Well done CG. I need to shift around 10lbs but can't seem to get started. The fitness app sounds a good idea.

I do hope your husband notices!

Taz x

littleminnie

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 04:41:35 PM »

Well done CG!  You will be able to keep it off, just be sensible.
You are a Gemini like me!
X

Trey

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 05:03:44 PM »

Way to go or perhaps I should say, "weigh to go".  In any case, well done.  I can't stand myself when I get heavier than I like.  Just lately I've been more careful about getting good exercise and it is paying off.  Walking two dogs two miles up and down hill has done it for me.

honeybun

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2013, 06:17:49 PM »

Well done you. There is nothing like looking in the mirror and liking what you see.
As for hubby.  ::)  I could be 20 stone and wear a sack and he still would not notice.

Your confidence will be better too. What did your daughter think of her new mum.

If you keep on doing the same thing then the weight will stay off.

A new wardrobe in order perhaps.

If hubby does not notice the weight loss then he won't notice the new clothes.

Start with the wedges and work up.

Honeyb
X

Joyce

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2013, 06:45:55 PM »

Going to get top tomorrow to wear with leggings and wedges HB.  Also got sexy underwear, so if he notices nothing else he's bound to notice that. ;D

Glad to hear that dog walking is working for you Trey!

Daughter said "WOW" when she saw me by the way. Son has started passing me compliments. Of course maybe they are after something.  ;D

honeybun

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2013, 07:00:11 PM »

Oh I know how that goes. When my son plays up to me with hugs and kisses I know he is up to something. I do enjoy it though.

As for underwear...go for it.  ;D

M&Co have a good sale on just now and have some really nice things.

Enjoy the new you.

Honeyb
X

ann123

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2013, 08:08:49 PM »

Well done that's great. I need to loose some as going on holiday soon, but struggle to keep up the motivation!!!
What app did you use??

Joyce

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2013, 03:55:41 PM »

It's called my fitness pal. I thought I'd done well using it until I saw son's gf's pal who is getting married next year. She's been using it and lost about 3 stone - she looks amazing. So long as you set yourself reasonable goals etc.

catdude

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2013, 07:21:49 AM »

I've been using the same app and have been surprised by how well it has worked for me as well. I've lost around a stone and a half and feel a lot better (although still officially overweight). Did try running as well but pulled a muscle so have reverted to walking again -  :D

Taz2

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2013, 09:23:49 AM »

That's really encouraging. I haven't got a smart phone so can't download the app. How much walking do you have to do each day?

Taz x

Joyce

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2013, 10:47:00 AM »

You could download onto a tablet Taz. That's all I use now, as it took up too much memory on phone.

Taz2

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2013, 10:48:01 AM »

Umm... errrrr... I don't have a tablet!   ;D

Taz x

Joyce

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2013, 11:04:44 AM »

Ooh err oops!  ;) Sorry.

Taz2

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2013, 11:59:57 AM »

That's ok. I have avoided all of that so far because I just know that I will become addicted. I spend enough time online as it is! No willpower...

Taz x  ;D
Pages: [1] 2