Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 222

Author Topic: what are we cooking tonight ?  (Read 456805 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: what are we cooking tonight ?
« Reply #1080 on: June 25, 2017, 09:35:18 PM »

Freshly caught trout with sweetcorn and runner beans

Elizabethrose

« Reply #1081 on: June 26, 2017, 07:59:16 PM »

Salmon and shellfish linguine with a crispy green salad. Strawberries and a tiny dollop of mascapone, oh and a small piece of walnut shortcake for good measure!

DaisyB

« Reply #1082 on: June 27, 2017, 04:47:19 PM »

ER - I am so envious right now  ???  I loved cooking - and like everything else it's all gone to pot since January  :'(  hoping that'll be me once again sometime soon :-\

Elizabethrose

« Reply #1083 on: June 27, 2017, 06:00:16 PM »

Oh Daisy, you'll get there sweetheart, you'll be cooking up a storm before you know it! x

Tonight given a real feeling of Autumn here, it was comfort food. Lamb and rosemary sausages, sprout colcannon, shredded spring greens and carrots and a thick red wine and onion gravy.

coldethyl

« Reply #1084 on: June 27, 2017, 06:37:30 PM »

Oily fish day here so I had kippers- may regret it later as like smoked mackerel I like them more than they like me.

Mbrown001

« Reply #1085 on: June 27, 2017, 06:38:50 PM »

M&S steak pie.

Couldn't be bothered tonight.  ::)

DaisyB.....I go through stages of loving cooking then I go through my I really can't be bothered phase. I'm sure you will get back to it soon.

Mrs Brown.

MicheleMaBelle

« Reply #1086 on: June 27, 2017, 07:50:24 PM »

Me too DaisyB- used to be a good cook and enjoy it. Not so much now.
Hubbys out so I've had a packet of crisps. Some ham and cheese and a glass of rose wine. Not good.
Wish I had two packets of crisps.
 I'm generally a healthy eater/ cook from scratch person but I can't be arsed these days. Luckily I've taught DH quite well and I don't even interfere now when he's cooking- I'm just grateful for whatever he makes. Even if it's crap... ;D

dulciana

« Reply #1087 on: June 27, 2017, 08:25:34 PM »

Hubbys out so I've had a packet of crisps. Some ham and cheese and a glass of rose wine. Not good.

Bet you enjoyed it, Michelemabelle!  It's funny, isn't it - these evenings we get when our OH's are out and we can have "me" food.  My Hubby's out and I've had my favourite sausages (he's not a sausage fan), green beans and a glass of white wine - chilled, you understand.....
 :)

MicheleMaBelle

« Reply #1088 on: June 27, 2017, 09:03:54 PM »

Hello Dulciana- not sure if it's the wine or you that's chilled! Would be excellent if it's both!
I love it when he's out- miss him but it means I can just cut loose!

CLKD

« Reply #1089 on: June 27, 2017, 10:29:36 PM »

Nowt  :P

DaisyB

« Reply #1090 on: June 28, 2017, 01:43:40 AM »

Me too DaisyB- used to be a good cook and enjoy it. Not so much now.
Wish I had two packets of crisps.
 I'm generally a healthy eater/ cook from scratch person but I can't be arsed these days. Luckily I've taught DH quite well and I don't even interfere now when he's cooking- I'm just grateful for whatever he makes. Even if it's crap... ;D
DH is great with Neanderthal stuff like fixing the guttering, just designed and erected new decking - making furniture from old wood - but cook 😬 He tries but it's a struggle bless him

Elizabethrose

« Reply #1091 on: June 28, 2017, 02:43:36 PM »

Emm sounds like my hubby Daisy, cereal, toast or egg sandwich, that's as good as it gets! (And none of these he does particularly well either!!)

Tonight salmon with a sweet chilli and ginger dressing, lemon rice, vegetable stir fry of broccoli, sugarsnaps, spinach, baby corn, edamame, sping onion and garlic.

Claireylou

« Reply #1092 on: June 28, 2017, 02:48:55 PM »

Roast chicken, roast jersey royals, home made sage and onion stuffing balls, homemade Yorkshires, carrots and cauli with homemade gravy. The smell is amazing  :-*

CLKD

« Reply #1093 on: June 28, 2017, 03:08:50 PM »

Oh I LOVE Yorkshire pudding ....... I can smell it from here  ;D

Himself has put a pizza into the oven for me, he's having smoked fish salad ........ there's healthy then  ::)

Elizabethrose

« Reply #1094 on: June 28, 2017, 03:12:49 PM »

Oh whilst I love this thread, I hate it too!! I want Yorkshire pud and roast chicken, how much of a spoilt brat do I sound?!  :) Bleurgh, goody two shoes salmon here, at least pizza has some naughtiness about it CLKD! Enjoy ladies, I'm sure you will x
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 222