Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 222

Author Topic: what are we cooking tonight ?  (Read 461883 times)

coldethyl

Re: what are we cooking tonight ?
« Reply #765 on: February 04, 2017, 06:21:43 PM »

Thought I'd give this a try tonight;

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2017/feb/04/slow-cooked-chicken-recipes-yotam-ottolenghi-pasta-braised-celeriac-stew

Very slow-braised chicken with celeriac and lemon (bottom recipe). I do like Yotam Ottolenghi's food but sometimes the ingredient list for his recipes borders on the ridiculous, this is manageable! I have a larder bursting with little used ingredients!

That sounds lovely. Must try it next week as I've a forlorn celeriac  in the veg rack.

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #766 on: February 04, 2017, 06:41:41 PM »

Just waiting for an Indian curry to be delivered!  :)

Katejo

« Reply #767 on: February 04, 2017, 07:32:59 PM »

The 2nd half of the homemade soup from yesterday (celery, cauliflower and a mixture of barley/lentils/beans with pancetta). Also cooking a couple of sausages to take as part of a packed lunch on a walk tomorrow.

Scampi

« Reply #768 on: February 06, 2017, 03:52:03 PM »

Left-over curry for me tonight - yesterday I made chicken tikka masala, mushroom and saffron pilau rice, and onion bhajis - all Slimming World recipes and only the bhajis have Syns (1 each)!  I love my curry, and this was even better for being totally guilt-free! I've been thinking about it all day, and I'm soooo looking forward to it.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #769 on: February 06, 2017, 04:00:35 PM »

I find chicken curry soothing.  Himself made lots over the weekend so there was some last night with freshly cooked rice.  He's making beef burgers tonight.

Elizabethrose

« Reply #770 on: February 06, 2017, 04:15:46 PM »

I have slow cooked pork belly with ratatouille and jacket pots. Lots of lovely aromas floating around!

dazned

« Reply #771 on: February 06, 2017, 05:08:52 PM »

Mmm my mouths watering !

Took a homemade cottge pie out of freezer earlier will have it with sprouts and broccoli.

Elizabethrose

« Reply #772 on: February 06, 2017, 05:28:37 PM »

Hah, lots here, bit of a drive though!  ;)

CLKD

« Reply #773 on: February 06, 2017, 07:03:23 PM »

Stuffed and un-comfortable now  :sigh:

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #774 on: February 06, 2017, 07:36:07 PM »

Left-over curry for me tonight - yesterday I made chicken tikka masala, mushroom and saffron pilau rice, and onion bhajis - all Slimming World recipes and only the bhajis have Syns (1 each)!  I love my curry, and this was even better for being totally guilt-free! I've been thinking about it all day, and I'm soooo looking forward to it.

Ooohhh ... another SW lady!  I use the SW Curry Heaven book all the time but Saturday night we had a treat and had a very nonSW takeaway.

I also use the Extra Easy All in One cook book a lot. I think I've made most recipes in there and the whole family eat them and don't even realise! 

Tonight I made SW chips, local ham and egg. I made a big pan of SW friendly red cabbage with red onion, apples etc and that is delicious.  I've made it for donkeys years but used to use brown sugar. Now I use artificial sweetener and it's  just as nice.

How much have you lost?  I started last June but I lose very slowly and am on one stone five pounds. Some people have lost four and five stones in that time but I never lose weight fast.

Scampi

« Reply #775 on: February 07, 2017, 08:02:38 AM »

I'm loving SW, Pennyfarthing! I joined in October last year and have lost 1st 10lbs.  I've had a couple of dodgy weeks recently where I have gained a pound (one I deserved ... huge 3-course pub lunch for my MIL's 80th birthday - so worth it!), but I feel like I'm back to losing this week.  But I have a lot to lose, and it didn't all go on overnight, so it won't come off quickly either.  I love the plan and find it so much easier to follow that Weight Watchers (I got obsessed with counting points - and not in a good way).  And any eating plan (don't like the word 'diet' - it implies that one day I'll stop, and I don't intend to!) that lets me eat curry, chips and full cooked breakfast with absolutely no guilt suits me!

Elizabethrose

« Reply #776 on: February 20, 2017, 04:16:51 PM »

Toad in the hole, shredded cabbage, carrots, corn, french beans and onion gravy.

Woodlands

« Reply #777 on: February 20, 2017, 04:28:02 PM »

Boo:)
In my house i'm cooling for homeless folks in the city of Norwich.
Fritatta, cray fish tails and tuna pasta in cheese sauce and apple crumbles in sweet pastry cases........we get almost all the food donated so hence the combinations...
Hugs
Woodlands x

cubagirl

« Reply #778 on: February 20, 2017, 06:54:54 PM »

Slow cooker beef casserole.  It was yummy.  :)

CLKD

« Reply #779 on: February 20, 2017, 07:02:34 PM »

Heated through chicken curry on a bed of rice soaked in butter
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 222