Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 222

Author Topic: what are we cooking tonight ?  (Read 461869 times)

Janice68

Re: what are we cooking tonight ?
« Reply #525 on: August 14, 2016, 09:34:21 AM »

I have to say only make bacon Roly poly occasionally it's so fattening!! It's so quick and easy to do and have must of the ingredients in cupboards so if nothing in larder to use just whip this up instead.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #526 on: August 14, 2016, 03:54:09 PM »

I can't eat onions unless it's been cooked for hours+++  ::)

Heated through chicken curry on a bed of rice

dazned

« Reply #527 on: August 14, 2016, 04:39:35 PM »

Beans on toast !  :)

walking the dog

« Reply #528 on: August 14, 2016, 04:45:55 PM »

Big slow roast pork dinner  ;)

Janice68

« Reply #529 on: August 14, 2016, 04:49:02 PM »

Chicken salad!!

Clkd how do you get away with spicy food and your curries? only do curries or any spicy foods when I know my body can handle it better!!

dazned

« Reply #530 on: August 14, 2016, 04:50:59 PM »

Mmmmm roast dinner.....I would kill for a good old roastie  ;D

dulciana

« Reply #531 on: August 14, 2016, 05:20:37 PM »

We had roast chicken, ice cream and a glass of wine.   Nice.   

My hubby excelled himself this morning, though!  We were just about to sit down to breakfast and he was making the toast.  He thought the toast was smelling a bit burnt, so he went over and checked.  Sure enough, one of the pieces was charring up a bit.  But - instead of doing a general "cancel" before taking that piece out, he stuck a teaspoon down into the toaster, fiddled around with the offending piece of toast to try and get it out, accidentally touched the element with the spoon and caused the trip switch for all the electricity in the house (apart from the wall lights) to go to "off".  Honestly, some wives do 'ave 'em, don't they!!     ::)    He did make a very good pot of coffee, though........
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 05:22:09 PM by dulciana »

CLKD

« Reply #532 on: August 14, 2016, 05:30:44 PM »

How stupid was that !  ::) …….. we have a live saver on our electricity board which cuts everything out.  I put my fingers behind a plug once, that sizzled up to my elbow and back  :o ………

Curry is soothing.  Lots of good spices.  If a curry is presented correctly, i.e. all foods on the table at the same time, one eats them in rotation in order to cleanse the pallet between each dish, which is what raitas are for ……. turmeric is the new 'health aid' tha knows  ::).  Left overnight in the fridge it absorbed the spices, served on a bed of boiled rice ….. stuffed now  ;)

walking the dog

« Reply #533 on: August 14, 2016, 05:34:26 PM »

Dazned I only have potatoes once a week with Sunday dinner I allow myself three small roasties due to my low carb diet but I so enjoy them 😊 if your this way any sunday pop in ! your right about curry in fridge over night clkd what a difference to the taste yum 😋

CLKD

« Reply #534 on: August 14, 2016, 05:35:02 PM »

I think it's an English thing, to keep curry overnight …….

dazned

« Reply #535 on: August 14, 2016, 08:36:59 PM »

Well all the talk about roast dinners won out !

We walked down to the local pub,down the road,over the river,flanked by two mountains bathed in sunlight and had two roast dinners ,result. ;D

How wonderful to now be able to walk in countryside instead of being in a busy,busy town . Lets hope the novelty doesnt wear off !  ;)

CLKD

« Reply #536 on: August 14, 2016, 08:39:48 PM »

Oh the Novelty won't wear off! because the sky and scenery have a different light every moment of the day.  I know, I was there  ;) ……. <hands over leek < - now, I read that as two roast dinners, was that 2 each  :-X  :D

dazned

« Reply #537 on: August 15, 2016, 06:15:25 AM »

;D

No one each !

Janice68

« Reply #538 on: August 15, 2016, 08:44:44 AM »

Glad to hear about the curries I do like them I just don't want to upset my system and make things worse for myself including hot flushes!!
But on a good day I can!!

Taz2

« Reply #539 on: August 15, 2016, 12:37:31 PM »

How stupid was that !  ::) …….. we have a live saver on our electricity board which cuts everything out.  I put my fingers behind a plug once, that sizzled up to my elbow and back  :o ………

Curry is soothing.  Lots of good spices.  If a curry is presented correctly, i.e. all foods on the table at the same time, one eats them in rotation in order to cleanse the pallet between each dish, which is what raitas are for ……. turmeric is the new 'health aid' tha knows  ::).  Left overnight in the fridge it absorbed the spices, served on a bed of boiled rice ….. stuffed now  ;)

It doesn't matter how correctly a curry is presented to me it would still mean that I wouldn't be able to leave the house next morning for quite a few hours! Mind you fruit and veg have the same effect nowadays - maybe I should just give up and eat whatever I fancy! :)

Taz x
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 222