Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: high dose premarin  (Read 3218 times)

mtna

high dose premarin
« on: May 24, 2013, 07:50:34 PM »

Hi, I am a new member just joined today. Would be grateful for some advice please !!!! Been on premarin 1.25mg for a year now and  felt better.this last  month have started flushes and anxiety again . Went to gp today who advised increasing by half this dose ( I have merena coil) is anyone else on a dose higher than 1.25 ) ?
Thanks
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 07:59:28 PM by mtna »

Taz2

Re: high dose premarin
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 08:12:43 PM »

Hi mtna - just wanted to welcome you to the forum.  I am on HRT but not Premarin. I am sure someone else will be along soon to welcome you and give advice.

Taz  :welcomemm:

mtna

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 08:24:47 PM »

Thank you  :)

thetimeofmylife

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 07:25:51 PM »

Hi and welcome - I've been on Premarin 1.25mg for 24 years.  As far as I was aware, there wasn't a higher dose than this unless it's something new recently..?  If you've been OK for a year, maybe it could be something unrelated causing the symptoms perhaps.  Do you take your tablet at the same time every morning as I know this helps to keep side effects at bay.

mtna

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2013, 10:46:09 PM »

Hi! I feel a lot better this week with a slight increase in premarin. Amazing result. I have since researched that dose can be increased to 2.5mg if all ok with blood pressure etc. Common in the US to be on higher dose.
Thanks

thetimeofmylife

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2013, 09:25:06 AM »

That's good to hear - glad you're feeling better!