Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Sore boob and nipples  (Read 2492 times)

Winnie

Sore boob and nipples
« on: May 24, 2013, 04:47:41 AM »

I have a sore boob especially around the nipple area.  Occasionally I can see a blue vein and it goes straight to nipple area this has become very tender and the nice fleshy area occasionally changes white like no blood flow it is so different from the other one.  When I bend forward it just niggles like something is catching on it hard to explain.  Off to the doc's today to see what they say.  I have increased Evening Primrose with a high content of GLA and this hasn't help yet.  I was also at the doc's a couple of weeks ago and mentioned mood swings and her answer was
antidepressants is that their answer to everything ?

Joyce

Re: Sore boob and nipples
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 01:51:39 PM »

I hope you've now seen a doctor.   I sometimes get like a sharp stabbing pain in nipple area, has me searching my bras for any rough edges. Of course there never is. Pain goes away the same way it came.
The doctors are dreadful for pushing ADs aren't they. I know some do treat things like nerve pain. We are of a certain age, our hormones are as bad, if not worse than a pubescent teenager and yes we have mood swings. Just ask my hubby? Lost plot with him over some phrase he has got into the habit of saying. I was sick hearing it. He swears he doesn't say it, but he does. So I gave him it with both barrels. Which one of us was in tears? Yep you got it in one.

Winnie

Re: Sore boob and nipples
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2013, 04:42:58 AM »

I have now been to Doc's she didn't know what it was either.  She is sending me for ultrasound just in case no lumps thankfully.  It's very annoying doesn't matter if you have bra on or off.  Increased GLA which
I was told to do last time when I had a similar problem but that hasn't helped yet 6 weeks on. 
Winnie