Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Advice needed please.  (Read 4773 times)

Kathleen

Advice needed please.
« on: May 23, 2013, 07:56:58 AM »

Hello ladies, can I have some advice please. I began taking Climesse HRT two weeks ago and I've yet to notice any real improvement, is this right do you think? I know I'm being impatient but it would be helpful to know if this is normal for this sort of tablet HRT.
I am still struggling with anxiety and having huge surges of panic several times a day and feel exhausted by it all. Normal life just doesn't seem possible at the moment. I'm becoming afraid to go out as I feel so on edge and, bizarrely even being with my husband is beginning to frighten me as I feel so distant from him ( can anyone relate to that?). Anxiety can be so isolating. 
I began taking HRT because I was desperate for some relief after two and half years of worsening anxiety and of course I would like to know that an end to all these horrble feelings is at least within sight.
Thank you all so much.
K.

honeybun

Re: Advice needed please.
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 08:33:25 AM »

It is a little soon to see any big improvement. Normally the flushes and sweats go first but the other things take a bit longer.
They sat to give it three months but when you are feeling bad that can seem like a lifetime.

Anxiety is horrible....I know, I have it too.
I also understand about even being frightened when you are with family. I get this. I seem to try so hard to be normal for them that the pressure just builds.

Keep on with the HRT and hopefully you will feel a difference soon.

Honeyb
X

Liz

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 09:01:13 AM »

Hi Kathleen.  I started to feel better within about 2 weeks, but my GP told me that it could take 3 months for the emotional-type symptoms to improve, so I'd hang in there. Have you noticed any improvements in your physical symptoms yet?

Joyce

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 12:54:33 PM »

We're all different, so it takes different times for different people. I am only on oestrogen, but it took me about a month to start feeling better. Some ladies do take longer though, so give it a bit more time. Not easy, I know, but hang in there and let us know your progress.

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2013, 02:59:24 PM »

Hi Kathleen

Yes you should notice a difference in physical symptoms very quickly.

Remember if Climesse doesn't suit you surely another one will.

The difficulty of starting HRT post-meno is that you are given a continuous combined one - which prevents any bleeding - unwelcome once you have reached this stage, and the disadvantage of this is that you won't be able to tell if it's the progestogen that disagrees with you.

Norethisterone in the Climesse does cause side effects in some women but hopefully you are not one of them -  and you are taking it every day because you are post-meno - so it would be a pity if this got in the way of your feeling better on the oestrogen.

Do give it a while longer as the others have suggested, but do not despair if not!

If not I would actually suggest re-starting a cyclical HRT just to check re the progestogens in them, and then if you are OK the second half of the month too - then you know that one is OK, and you could then go on the conti version. I can see why you might not want to do that though!

Hope you begin to feel better soon....

Hurdity  x

Kathleen

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2013, 05:43:01 PM »

Oh thank you so much ladies for taking the time to reply to my post. The rational side of me realises that improvement takes time, it's just hard to be patient at the moment. Also, if I need to, I will certainly think about a different HRT if this one doesn't help.
Honeybun, I completely agree about the pressure that comes when dealing with members of your family, it breaks my heart that the very people I should be most relaxed with, cause me so much anxiety and worry. They don't intend to of course, it's just me and my raging hormones, so unfair on everyone.
Wishing you all well.
K. 

honeybun

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2013, 08:22:54 PM »

Have you spoken to your hubby about you are feeling.

I found that difficult for some strange reason. We have been married 29 years soon and he knows me better than anyone.
I found when I did speak about it it did not seem so bad. What I thought I was hiding so well was not so well hidden after all.
He really tries to help and sometimes just telling him I don't feel so good takes the pressure off.

Just an idea.....He probably knows more than you think.

Honeyb
X

littleminnie

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2013, 05:40:55 PM »

Do you take any vitamins Kathleen?

littleminnie

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2013, 10:26:36 AM »

Hi Kathleen, has the HRT kicked in yet?

Kathleen

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2013, 02:22:48 PM »

Hello littleminnie. I've noticed some improvement with the HRT, the really intense jittery feeling has gone but I'm still having anxious 'funny turns'. I'm seeing the GP tomorrow and may have some more information then.
Take care.
K.