Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 2314 times)

Nykola1234

« on: May 22, 2013, 01:05:06 PM »

I am sooo glad i have found this site.  I am 48, cut a long story short i had weird anxiety/panic attack stuff last year.  I had blood tests/Thyroid function etc as my sister and dad have an underactive Thyroid, however my test results were all ok.  My monthly cycle has radically altered in the past two years going from 32/36 days to 28/30 days. This month 26 days!  I suffer bad PMS, always have, with each month varying in severity. This month was the worst it has been, about a week before my period i started to get palpitations, (new) awful anxiety, mood swings and would cry at the drop of a hat.  As soon as i got my period on Monday all of this stopped.  I have had a blood test today and I will be relieved if there is a hormone imbalance!! as that would explain a lot.  I found another website that mentioned taking Magnesium as i read it helps.  I would not be suprised if i was peri menopausal just want some answers and feel that when i go to the DRs they are not listening to me. 

Joyce

Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 03:33:32 PM »

Hi there & welcome.

I'm not much help but can appreciate your comments about your GP.

KatieLiz

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 05:07:38 PM »

My symptoms were similar to yours, increased PMT, anxiety and irregular periods and after a blood test my GP said this was in line with being peri-menopausal.  By that point I had come onto this site and realised I needed to take HRT.  Although my GP mentioned HRT she didn't offer it.  I felt I had to convince her that I had read all about it and it was my decision!

I've been taking HRT for nearly 2 years now and wouldn't be without it.  I'm 52 now, so not sure how my periods would be had I not been taking it.  Although there are vitamins etc and 'natural remedies' I'm not convinced this is enough on its own. 

Hopefully you will get some advice and answers from your GP but it's always a good idea to have as much info about the menopause as possible.  Try not to get fobbed off with cheaper medication that can just treat to odd symptoms. 

Evenstar

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 05:09:42 PM »

Just wanted to say Hi and welcome xxxxx

Limpy

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2013, 06:10:59 PM »

Hi

:welcomemm:

Can't say much to help, but it's tedious when Drs don't listen isn't it?
The menu on the left has lots of information which may be useful when visiting your GP in the future

Have any of your blood tests been checking for menopause type things?

elmca

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2013, 08:03:17 PM »

Hi Nykola  :)

I am new here too.  Can sympathise with some of your comments.

elmca x