Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Feeling Dizzy and Shaky  (Read 8728 times)

MandyMoo

Feeling Dizzy and Shaky
« on: May 20, 2013, 04:06:05 PM »

Hi, I have recently moved from Femoston sequi 2/10 to Femoston Conti 1/5.  I have spinal problems and when I was on my period it made things worse, so my Doctor said why don't we try HRT with no bleed. 

Oh my!!! I feel dreadful.  I can't think, I'm shaky and feel light headed, and my head feels like its in a bowl of syrup.  I've now been on the Femoston conti for nearly three weeks and I am worried that its going to get worse.  Has anybody else had the experience of moving from sequential HRT to Continuous?

Thanks

Meggie

Re: Feeling Dizzy and Shaky
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 05:54:29 PM »

Hi Mandymoo

Sorry to hear you are feeling so grotty.  Unfortunately, I cannot help out as I have not had this type of experience but I am sure that there will be help from another of the fine ladies on this Forum, very soon.

Stay positive

Meggie

honeybun

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 06:15:23 PM »

I have moved from sequi to conti. It took about four months to get over the break through bleeds but I did not feel unwell.

Could you have picked up a virus.

I don't think you should be feeling like this.

Give your GP a call.

Honeyb
X

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 07:16:58 PM »

I moved from Sequi to Conti and felt horrible although it was a different type of HRT to yours. I am back on sequi now so that I only feel horrible for two weeks of the month and not the whole four. A change of progesterone might help you. I get anxiety attacks when on the progesterone phase plus bad temper, stomach cramps and bloating and really horrible fatigue. I did find that these symtoms were worse in the first two months of conti though and then got a little better so it may be worth persevering. You could be suffering from a virus as Honeybun says.

Hope you feel better soon. Let us know how you get on - lots of support on here.

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2013, 07:58:57 PM »

Hi MandyMoo

Welcome from me too

And just to add also that if you've gone from 2/10 to 1/5 then you have also halved the oestrogen dose so the sudden drop in oestrogen could make you feel like this and could bring back some menopausal symptoms.

How old are you and where are you in meno re periods etc? It could be that you might want to go onto a higher oestrogen dose if you felt OK on this but then you would need more prog so I imagine maybe two tablets instead of one. As Taz says that amount of prog might not agree with you though - unless you felt OK on it in the second half of the month?

Hope you feel better soon.

Hurdity x

smudgesmum

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2013, 08:44:28 PM »

Hi

I moved from Femoston 2/10 to Femoston conti which meant halving the oestrogen content, I experienced a surge in symptoms so my GP has given me an oestrogel pump to use as well and I am back to normal now.  I use Femoston as it is the only Progesterone I can tolerate.

Go back to the GP and have a chat as the Oestrogen can be supplemented.

Good luck

Smudgesmum xx

MandyMoo

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2013, 10:52:05 AM »

Hi,

Thanks for for putting my mind at rest.  I don't think I have a virus, as I don't feel shaky all the time.  I have made an appointment to go back to my GPs and I will ask him about an Oestrogel pump (thanks smudgesmum).  I've been on HRT for 4 years now (I'm 52).  I started on Elleste duet (but had spotting due to a low Oestrogen), then moved to  Femoston Seqi without any problems at all. So it was a bit of a shock to suddenly get all these symptoms.

I would just like to say that this Website, and especially this forum is a godsend. 

Thanks again

MandyMoo xx