Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Does anyone else.....  (Read 8602 times)

honeybun

Does anyone else.....
« on: May 15, 2013, 06:02:53 PM »

On bad days monitor their health on what seems like a minute to minute basis.

I have had a low grade ear infection for about a month now and it makes me feel off.

I realised this morning that I am obsessed with how I feel.
For example

This morning I got up and felt not too bad. When I was in the shower it started to ache. I then spent the morning debating on whether I felt bad enough to call for another GPS appointment.

I am getting like this with every ache and pain. It is always worse in the morning easing off as the day goes on.

Am I going slowly mad or can anyone relate to this constant monitoring of how they feel.

Honeyb
X

jgr

Re: Does anyone else.....
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 06:41:39 PM »

Yes honeybun i can relate to this also. I was getting really bad with checking my blood pressure, temp, blood sugars and heartbeat if i felt off. Most days i would feel something else from palpatations to heart burn and of course everything was in my opinion a serious illness. Too much thinking especially in the long winter nights.
The funny thing is we are just back from our first cruise (which i was a bit worried about going on in case i became ill ) and i never had any symptoms of anything all the time i was away, i also felt and looked great (which is rare). Today was my first day back at work and guess what has just returned.....my ectopic heart beats, i do believe a lot of it is in our minds and i am so trying to ignore all this nonsense, but it is hard. I was however completely relaxed on holiday with no stress so i think it has a lot to answer to. xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 09:14:31 PM »

It is NOT in the mind!  ;) but may be a symptom of what we are surrounded with in our 'normal' life style.  When away my allergies go away.  I have got DH to hoover round more often and until the dust begins to settle, I stop sneezing.  We go to B&B where rooms are serviced daily ........ when away we don't have to worry about interacting with ANYONE other than those we meet at breakfast or when shopping, sightseeing etc.; those people are not the same 'commitment' as those around us on a daily basis can be.  So stress can add to our generalised aches and pains.

Joyce

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 09:35:40 PM »

Heck yes! Thought it was just me. Though I have decided to keep diary of back pain, but that's something else. How many times have I actually made appointment & symptoms have gone by the time I get there. I must come across as a right hypochondriac!

honeybun

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2013, 09:39:15 PM »

So glad it's not just me.....Not that I want us all to be mad.

My mind just seems to have a mind of its own. It goes round and round and silly things get blown out of all proportion.

I used to go years between doctors visits and never appreciated it. Now I have a season ticket.

Honeyb
X

Joyce

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2013, 10:01:48 PM »

Me too HB. Saw my hospital file once and I swear a bible is thinner!  ;D

Kathleen

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2013, 08:28:03 AM »

Hello honeybun. Yep me too. I worry obsessively about my health, mainly my bowels, but also  I'm scared that I'll never feel relaxed again. I think back to times when I've been anxious or unwell and convince myself that I've always been physically or mentally ill and even when the menopause is over, I'll still be this mad person, unable to lead a normal life.
I realise this can't be rational and I've had my fair share of happy times but I loose all perspective and have this feeling of doom all the time. So sick of this!
Must dash as guess what, I'm off to the Doctors to ask for blood tests and arrange poo samples.   
Wishing you well, you are not alone.
K.

libby1

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2013, 08:46:50 AM »

Me too!! And I hate it  >:(

Any slight niggle and I'm worrying it's something awful. Part of my brain is quite sensible but the larger part (since perimeno started) keeps going over and over the same worry.

We're obviously all going mad  :madeyes:

Libby
x

Elena

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2013, 09:01:05 AM »

My daughter does this and she's only 24. It's extreme anxiety coupled with OCD and Asperger's in her case.

I USED to be like this for  years but strangely now I am older I seem to have stopped obsessing about it.  I think it's possibly because I just dont have time to think these days  ???

Weejeannie

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2013, 09:01:42 AM »

Oh god yes, me too !!!

I am waiting on smear test result, also waiting for appointment for scan, due to post menopausal bleed.

Every little twinge I get, I am convinced that I have cancer.  I know if I get a clear smear result I will feel much better, then I will worry myself silly till I get the scan done and it comes clear. I did phone the surgery the other day to ask if my referral had gone as it is a week and a half since I was at the doc, was told it was just put through the day before as a routine appointment, not urgent.
That should have made me feel better, the doc said it was routine, but no, I've convinced myself that they forgot about it.

I am going mental, verge of tears most of the time, oh I just hate this feeling of dread.

Thanks for reading, sorry for the depressing rant, I'm sure I will feel better soon.

joyce21

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2013, 10:10:33 AM »

Oh Ladies what are we like
I'm terrible, when I'm well I swear to myself next time I get a pain I've just got to tell myself there's nothing I can do whatever it may be, if that twinge in my jaw is the start of a heart attack, then how will getting myself into a state stop it!!! But then as soon as something happens all that goes out the window, and i'm back on the worry merry go round lol
I've always had a problem with this, but when I was younger I could tell myself the odds on it being something serious were very low, where as now i'm getting older that's a harder argument to use. I don't go to the doctors very often, as i'm a ostrich, head in the sand type person when it comes to my health.
I get a breathing "thing" when I'm anxious/stressed, I feel as if I can't fill my lungs properly and want to keep taking big gulps of air, I know it's nothing serious, as I'm fine while my minds on other things, but as soon as I think "I've not had the breathing things for a bit" it starts again grrrrrr.
Just hope when the meno's over things will settle down, you never know lol
xx

kes

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2013, 04:50:05 PM »

Yes, I can identify with this.  I google things wrong with me a lot.  I don't actually go to the doctor though.  I know in one part of my brain its all rubbish.  However, I have had a mild form of skin cancer twice, and I tend to look at every little lesion and think "aaaarrgghhh another one."

joyce21

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2013, 09:39:10 PM »

OMG Kes isn't google the work of the devil lol, i can't resist , then i'm always sorry  :-\

Suzi Q

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2013, 03:57:12 AM »

OK LADIES all together now we are ace we are cool we are women and we rule da da da daaaaaaa

I feel exactomondo dont read and think shes a happy camper Im not ITS A MASK
Im sufferring at the moment from what ABSO TERROR I wake in the am till early evening scred to death
IM taking the Betas GP gave me them 1 years ago again and for the last 2 weeks Ive been taking half in am half in pam
Its helped but its not totaly gone even with the pills
Every ache cancer every pain cancer keep thinking how many good years left Is it worth booking the trip to UK and EU
I might be dead its bloody awful the nearer I am to 60 its gotten worse where as my cousin Tish is the op
She said to me this am Suzi forget it just enjoy dont think about so far ahead she saiod when she hit 60 (62now)
She flew to see me in Ozz has been to Greece last year as well as coming to Ozz She divorced working full time as a Geriactic nurse Shes not even comfy she lives from week to week with a pot of a tenner she savesShes 4 grandkids
THis year her chap (dont live togetehr) has heart problems bad ones Diabeteas Arthritis hes a recov alcy
Yet shes saved to go to Ibiza with ehr pal in Sept saved to take her chap (hes on disability) for a week in Walesin Aug
Shes just paid for her grandon to go overseas next week Shes a superstar where as me
Ive no money worries what so ever if I want something I can have it (sorry ladies but tis true)
Ive a hubbie who loves me a son who phones me every morning and evening whos all of a sudden got trains on Sundays to come and see me He doesnt drive and his wife well we arent close Im just his MUM but shes OK
I should be happy as a pig in the preverbial but Im not and Im lonely terribly All my pals work except for me
Ive tried vol work I was even more lonely there got to try to find somehting else I cant go back to work even though Im needed as a daycare asst cos I wont take cert 3 pay for it Im a Nurse why do I need it and my backs shot anyway
So see we all have things we hide them or we chat about them and ion here we can
My pal I made on here who i have to say doesnt use it anymore Has become a really good friend
YES ON MENO we clikcked went from PMs to letters to phone calls to xmas pressie to bday pressies to emails daily
IM coming home next year and am going to Scotland to stay with ehr if I can manage to get a flight out on my own
IM going to NZ in 4 weeks alone meeting Bobbles there Im already panik plane will crash fall out of the sky I hate it

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2013, 03:19:44 PM »

When I had panic attacks daily before going into a shop - which had to be empty - I would work through the whole of my bodh from top to bottom in my mind and if nothing ached or appeared worried, I would go in, grab what I required, pay and dash out <phew>
Pages: [1] 2