Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Ok fed up now!!!!  (Read 4055 times)

LizeeeH

Ok fed up now!!!!
« on: May 15, 2013, 07:34:38 AM »

hello lovely ladies :)

ok well apart from all the symptoms I have, aching joints, knees, elbows, neck, toes and it goes on and on the one that bugs me a lot is SPOTS! Breakouts on the cheeks (face ;D) and nose, IVE NEVER had spots this bad, well when I was a teenager maybe but it looks awful and really gets me down! Do any of you ladies get the same? I do look after my skin but any advice would be appreciated ;)

Liz A.K.A SPOTTY DOTTY!

Suzi Q

Re: Ok fed up now!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 09:02:22 AM »

Dont know how old you are but the aches Im 59 in June not had a period since I was 42
In the last yeatr maybe bit less I cant kneel anymore my knees kill me all the fatpad cushions gone?
Arms ache back aches hips ache calfs especially 2 years ago now I was walking 12 klms a week to and from work
Now I walk 150 yards down the road and my calves begin to ache I know its cos Ive given up work hence no walking
So your not alone with me I think its plain starting age boo hoooooo
As for spots go to GP ask for a lotion callled Neo Mendrone its fantastic and it works xxx

Shoshanna50

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 09:17:35 AM »

can totally go with the spots !!. I had the odd one or two as a teenager but now at 52 they are bad. My skin just red and spotty all time. Doc says it's acne rosacea.
Can identify with the aches and pains too but I was also diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in December 2012 which causes all sorts of pain.

LizeeeH

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 09:57:26 AM »

Thankyou ladies!

yes less than a year ago I was fit as a butchers dog ;) now I "hobble" about like an old women (Im 55) BUT I can still ride my mountain bike 15 miles a day :-\ but that's not weight bearing, bit like swimming!
How do you get rid of acne rosacea? and I guess you would need a blood test to sort out aches n pains........I don't do needles :'( I want to be young again!!!! :P

Lucky Stone

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2013, 09:59:38 AM »

I have acne rosacea and I've found that stopping eating fruit - particularly citrus fruit - helps. Even orange juice makes my face itch. I know many folk would shy away from this (the old 5 a day doctrine bashed into us by HM Government) but it has worked for me. Try it for a couple of weeks and see if it makes a difference (oh, no vinegar either). I think it's the acid my system doesn't like.

Weejeannie

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2013, 10:20:26 AM »

I had really bad breakout, mostly around mouth (very attractive) and along my jaw line.

I tried loads of things and then looked on an internet forum which suggested a cream which contained, I think, Benzoyl Peroxide. I think that Oxy-10 contains this, but I used Boots own make which was a lot cheaper.
Was also advised to try using non-comedogenic moisturiser, oil free, non pore blocking.

I used the Boots cream for my spots and it worked very well, face tingles a bit when used and it has some sort of bleaching agent, so be careful with pillowcases, towels, clothing etc.
I am using Boots own oil free moisturiser at the moment, not expensive, does the job.

Hope this helps.

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2013, 10:35:26 AM »

Have you thought of HRT Lizeeeh?

I think you would find your symptoms lessen dramatically provided you choose the right one, including the spots. I started getting these way back when ( peri-meno). Never had any since being on HRT. Started coming back when I stopped briefly (the red blotchy type). Never had acne as a teenager.

Hurdity x

LizeeeH

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2013, 10:54:05 AM »

Hi yes would like HRT but I know they would want blood tests and as I faint at the sight of a needle I rather hesitant :(

Hurdity

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2013, 12:42:41 PM »

What are your periods like? Have they become irregular?
Most doctors find blood tests unreliable for menopause anyway because hormone levels fluctuate so much.
Better to go on symptoms.

So if your periods are irregular, you are in mid 50's - so symptoms likely to be meno - then I would ask for a low dose HRT and say you don't want a blood test. If the symptoms go then hey presto that's OK?

if you want advice about a type let us know.

Hurdity x

LizeeeH

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2013, 12:47:25 PM »

periods....wots them? :o lol sorry had full hysterectomy back in 1997 ;) but I may go and ask for a low dose, thanx :)

Elena

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2013, 02:08:05 PM »

Wow Lizzee I am impressed at your cycling!!

I had really bad acne when I was younger and I still get crops of spots now I am 54.