Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Please help ,surely i'm not the only one?!  (Read 7034 times)

carol44

Please help ,surely i'm not the only one?!
« on: May 07, 2013, 08:49:14 PM »

Hi

I am 52 , still getting my periods altho they seem to come a little earlier each month , I have had some per meno symptoms for a while...but the last few months... the joint aches..all over my body is driving me nuts!! I have some kind of ache, stiffness every day of late but this afternoon is rather bad... I already have trouble getting up if have to get down... being woken in the night with aches and pains... feels like I have been run over by a bus!! also at the same time as the aches started I noticed I was getting sweats more frequent... I can be sitting and it feels like a sun lamp is shining on me... but this can last on and off through out the day... to the point I cant get any makeup on because it slips off lol... this past week I have been going to bed early....very unheard of for me... I am a regular 2/3am bedtime... but could easly go at 7.30 pm some nights... just feels its all a coincidence that they they seem to have got worse together...I am thinking of going to the GPs , but wondered what others thoughts was first??
no doubt there is something I have forgot too..damn brain fog!!

thanx so much for taking the time to read my moans lol xxx

Taz2

Re: Please help ,surely i'm not the only one?!
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 09:34:25 PM »

Your symptoms sound typical of getting further into menopause carol. The aches and pains are common during meno and this is backed up by the fact you are getting flushes. Have you considered HRT if it gets too much to cope with?  By the way..... you are not moaning!!

Taz x  :hug:

Joyce

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 09:40:07 PM »

You're certainly not the only one, though it probably feels like it. Aches, pains, sweats you name it most of us have had them and many of us still do.

I'm on HRT so virtually no sweats or flushes, but oh boy the aches and stiffness, I can certainly relate to.  I'm really struggling with back problems at the moment, which keep me awake most nights.  Can't seem to get GP to take me seriously. Have tried physio and latest painkillers mucked up my stomach. It's just not fair is it?

carol44

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2013, 08:20:37 AM »

Thank you ladies,

strange thing is.. I can be full of aches and burning feeling for the afternoon, then the next morning like today seem to feel okish!!! no doubt they will be back later.....but when I was getting washed after waking up.. just rubbing my hands together they felt stiff and swollen although they don't look swollen, Taz last time I went to the GP which was ages ago she mentioned looking into HRT but was a little concerned because I have regular checks for breast cycts.... The past few months have been very stressful My husband lost his job, money is tight.plus a few other personal things which I wont bore you with so stress has been really high, plus I have type 2 diabetes... see told you i'm dropping to bits lol :)

Michele xx

LizeeeH

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2013, 08:34:45 AM »

Michelle you are NOT alone!!! ;)
Although at times Ive felt very alone until I come on this great site and realise Im not!
Yes aches, pains, night sweating (and day) SPOTS (whats all that about!!)
It seems some days EVERY bone in my body is aching, even fingers and toes :'( In the moring I hobble out of bed and "shuffle" to the loo :P I push myself to ride my mountain bike at least 13 miles EVERY day :o Ladies what I want to know do the aches and pains go away when menopause is finished???? or is this it now until Im pushing up daisies ::) I haven been to dr's and Im not on HRT
Oh yeah Michelle my backache keeps me awake at times........................so fed up now!!!!! ;D ;D
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 09:08:06 AM by LizeeeH »

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2013, 08:38:25 AM »

I wonder if your diabetes is well controlled at the moment? I'm sure you do regular checks but poorly controlled diabetes can lead to stiffness and joint pain. Have you thought about the possible diabetic link?

Taz x

Elena

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2013, 12:50:05 PM »

Hi Carol/Michele

nope, not alone at all but in very good company.  Aches and pains one minute then ok the rest.  I am starting now to think I should celebrate the times when I am ok.  Be grateful for small mercies etc.

Liz I am impressed by your bike riding!  Do you even go out when the weather is bad?

In answer to the question do the pains go away?  Somehow I doubt they all do.  Possibly they are replaced by "old age" pains.  About 5 or so years ago I was hobbling to the toilet every morning as upon waking my feet/ankles seem to have seized up, or swollen up.  I dont get this anymore.  My fingers have on occasions looked swollen, but not all the time. 
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 01:28:18 PM by Milliemoo »

LizeeeH

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2013, 01:47:11 PM »

Hi Milliemoo (love the name ;D)

Yes I do go out all weathers....in fact just been out now and the winds howling! Nice to know the "pains" wont entirely go! I'd go to Dr's but I DONT DO needles......jump out of planes, play with huge spiders or snakes....faint at needles ::) and I know they'd insist on taking blood....wouldn't they?  :P

carol44

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2013, 02:16:48 PM »

Thanx so much girls, your help is soo great to have...

Taz, I have been wondering about my diabetes, I am on diet and excersice only so no meds for it.. I lost almost 3 stone after being told I had it 2 years ago... then things started going wrong ..eating for comfort etc and I have gained it back.. but I am getting back on the waggon and intend to get it off again.... the stress I have been under has been the worst ever..or so it feels... with my husband losing his job..well dismissed! not for anything too bad, ie stealing... hitting.. drink or swearing... just a stupid day he was having..it caused a lot of stress and still is really..he seems to be going through a bloody midlife crisis at the minute..went off roading in his of road motor bike the other week... got caught by the police... he was with friends..got his hands slapped and a £150 fine!!!  he is 54... 3 heart attacks and 3 strokes behind him lol... just thought i'd give a little snippet into my recent avents...I have started to live each day has it comes and take the worries the same way xxxxxxx

carol44

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2013, 09:30:55 AM »

bump xx

Taz2

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2013, 04:13:17 PM »

Have you been to see the GP yet carol? I think you should at least get yourself checked out as regards the diabetes just to make sure that your glucose level is not too high.

Taz  x

kes

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2013, 04:24:12 PM »

I can sympathise, Carol - I am going to be 56 in September and still get periods - anything from 2 to 8 weeks apart - more usually long intervals than short.   I don't do doctors willingly, (having had a lot of bad experiences with being treated for depression) apart from smear tests and mammograms, so am going it alone without HRT.  I also get the joint aches really bad. 

panthers

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2013, 09:42:10 AM »

I am still in the process of reducing my HRT (now 3 tablets a week), but approaching 60 it is something that I should really do.  I have been on HRT for 12 years now but have a wonderful doctor who will support me whatever my decision.  The thing is I felt fantastic on the full dose.

Since the last cut i have suffered various aches and pains that come and go.  Can be my ankle, knee, elbow etc etc and I have a lot of aches and pains in my back and kneck.  Although this may be down to stress as I have a daughter recovering from a breakdown and another daughter going through a marital breakdown.  We have elderly parents and help out with grandchildren particulary now and also run our own business.

I just wonder if alot of it is stress with coupled with the reduction of HRT.  I am also having wierd 'turns' - where I am dizzy and then a peculiar feeling in my body and then I feel shaky.  The hot flushes and nightsweats have not returned - that is why I originally started taking HRT.

Rowan

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2013, 10:02:49 AM »

Panthers is sounds to me as thought you suffering signs of stress and adrenal fatigue and you are drained. here is some info that might be of help and interest. 

http://healingpartnership.com/articles/adrenal.html

I also don't see why you cannot increase your HRT (you say you felt very well on it) for a while until your life is a little more settled and calmer.

panthers

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2013, 10:37:59 AM »

Hi Silverlady

Thank you for your response.  Will have a look at the link later.

Initially I am going to increase my walking (time permitting) and look at some relaxation techniques.  I feel at the minute that I am doing everything around everyone else - if that makes sense.  I really need more me time.  I may also discuss with my GP.