Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: not sleeping  (Read 3309 times)

sue bot

not sleeping
« on: May 06, 2013, 06:52:35 PM »

hi not had a period now for about 20 months now doc told me last year i was on menopause
but these last few weeks i cant sleep go bed about 11 ish may fall a sleep but by 1 am wide awake then clock watching till 4 30 ish with hot sweats  i use to have  palpertaions they have stopped and anxiety  but my joints are killing me worse i have arthritis   in back and spondlsois in neck but now my legs are aching of but it s the sleep thats getting me down feel so tired but cant sleep doc as given me anitriptlyne and done more blood test
which i got to go back on wendsday not gone hrt yet but thinking about it
any advise please ladies

KatieLiz

Re: not sleeping
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 06:35:24 AM »

I think HRT is probably the way forward.  All your symptoms are signs of depleting hormones and replacing them should make you feel better.  I don't think it is worth putting up with feeling so poorly when HRT is available.

Clovie

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 07:59:07 AM »

I agree with the above.

I had most of your symptoms before I started on HRT. (not so much the achey joints - but the insomnia and hot spells and definitely the anxiety side of it  :o)

I decided to go down the HRT route personally as my quality of life was at floor level  :'( -nxiety has gone right down plus I took on board the positive health benefits of HRT instead of any negative ones and made my own personal decision.

I'm not quite sorted yet but I feel I'm on the road to being!
And my anxiety has gone right down, which was my main concern!  :banana: AND I don't get all hot and flustered any more! :banana:

Good luck with whatever you decide xxx   

ladybird52

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 12:58:00 PM »

I struggled with similar symptoms for about 9 months before i decided to try HRT and I always swore I never would.  I just feel so different now and I can sleep 5 or 6 hours at a stretch without waking up.  I remember how awful that feeling is with anxiety, hot flushes & palpitations and it is worse at night when everyone else if sound asleep!  I don't regret making the decision to go on HRT and it has changed my life for the better :)