Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Changes in temperature - Spring!  (Read 3161 times)

pixie

Changes in temperature - Spring!
« on: May 04, 2013, 07:45:29 AM »

Its lovely to see the sun and all the trees and flowers blooming - BUT!  Does anyone else notice that their sleep and hot flushes get worse at this time of year.  For the last 3 springs this has happened to me.  I suppose I am lucky I don't get it the whole year round. Since my gynae op,  I have started waking up all night and feeling hot and then going very cold.  GP thinks its where I have had my 'bits' handled in surgery and that it will settle down!  He likened it to the family dog who had had his nuts done and went a bit beserk afterwards for a few weeks.  It made me laugh. Anyway time to get out the cotton sheet and summer duvet and up the dose of soya!! ;D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Changes in temperature - Spring!
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 01:18:18 PM »

Probably because temps are fluctuating wildly at present, sometimes I'm too warm, others I'm reaching for a blanket in the early hours  ::)

wombat62

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2013, 01:15:48 AM »

Hi

Same problem here but opposite season, now into Autumn and get cold in the evening so slip into nice warm bed (thanks to electric blanket) but then have to turn if off quickly before getting too hot. The last week or so through the night it's been duvet on, duvet off which is disturbing sleep. It was actually better when it was super hot (mid-late 20's at night!) and just went to bed with a sheet over me. Luckily I'm down to one proper hot flush at night with trip to bathroom now (around that dreaded 2-3 am) but the constant feeling hot then very cold is driving me nuts!

Unfortunately here in Oz we don't have the lovely UK central heating which at least keeps temps even. We have this stupid warm air heating, costs a fortune to run and is great whilst it's on but then once it's gone off it's cold again, never warms the air up. Therefore it's really not worth having it on at night at all, so when body temp drops around 6am you really feel it, get snuggled down in duvet and then half an hour later flinging it off again - arghhhhh!

Although I think with the weather the UK keeps getting, you'll be lucky to get any constant temperatures for it to settle down!

pixie

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2013, 07:04:22 PM »

It was better last night. In the old days I just had the same quilt on the whole year!!  However I put the 4.5tog quilt on with a cotton sheet, and wasn't so restless and awake quite so often. I closed the window too. I also had a quick shower before I went to bed.  It seems chilly getting into bed but I know it isn't worth getting to toasty otherwise it all goes into overdrive!  I usually get a warning beforehand like a sudden unpleasant thought or restless mind which wakes me up and then the hot feeling, which feels cold at the same time!! Hard to explain. It often happens just as I'm starting to dose off.  Just wish it would all go away again, like I am sure everyone else does.  It must awful for those poor ladies that start sweating lots and going red.  ::)
Like you say it doesn't even have to be hot weather, but interestly seems to happen when there are slight seasonal changes in the temperature
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 07:16:58 PM by pixie »