Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Dermoid Cyst or Adhesions or even worse  (Read 4431 times)

northwest1965

Dermoid Cyst or Adhesions or even worse
« on: May 04, 2013, 06:50:41 AM »

Hi ladies.

Just need to sound off a bit really. In the past I have suffered with3 lots of dermoid ovarian cysts ( 3 seperate ops, all with full cuts :'()
Also appendix and gall bladder out.

In the last 3-4months I have been experience a dull ache to my left side and it becomes swollen.

I have an emergency ultrasound on Wednesday afternoon, but as you can imagine, I am thinking all sorts. is it Ovarian Cancer, adheshions causing the pain or another dermoid.

I am really hoping it is just adhesions. Does anyone know, if it was to be Ovarian cancer, would that show up on the ultrasound?

Babylon Burning

Re: Dermoid Cyst or Adhesions or even worse
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 09:00:16 AM »

Hi northwest, I'm sorry you are feeling so low at the moment.  My ovarian cancer was picked up initially by ultrasound.  Basically it showed an enormous cyst attached to my right ovary and as I was also suffering from ascites (fluid in the abdomen), it was pretty much a foregone conclusion that it was ovarian cancer.

Are you experiencing any other symptoms such as ascites, peeing a lot or feeling full up very quickly when eating? (Have a look at the Ovacome website, it's full of useful information.)  Please try not to worry as it maybe something quite innocent, although I fully understand why you are worried.

Let us know how things go on Wednesday.  If you want any more information, please do get back to me and I'll try to help if I can.  Thinking of you.

leony

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2013, 01:54:08 PM »

Sorry to hear your suffering probably adhesions or another I cyst went through the same said cyst wasn't big enough to do anything about and had to be adhesions from operation as a baby all down right hand side is really b****y painful. If it is adhesions won't do anything for them not in my case anyway you may have more luck let us know. I am now with a phychiarist (sp) as I am now depressed at the thoughts of living like this everyday have to laugh at least he listens not like most doctors.

northwest1965

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2013, 02:14:01 PM »

Hi northwest, I'm sorry you are feeling so low at the moment.  My ovarian cancer was picked up initially by ultrasound.  Basically it showed an enormous cyst attached to my right ovary and as I was also suffering from ascites (fluid in the abdomen), it was pretty much a foregone conclusion that it was ovarian cancer.

Are you experiencing any other symptoms such as ascites, peeing a lot or feeling full up very quickly when eating? (Have a look at the Ovacome website, it's full of useful information.)  Please try not to worry as it maybe something quite innocent, although I fully understand why you are worried.

Let us know how things go on Wednesday.  If you want any more information, please do get back to me and I'll try to help if I can.  Thinking of you.

I do go to the loo alot, but I have always been like this. ::). Not feeling full, still got good appetite.

I am sure that when i went for my last ultasound 2 years ago, she said she wouldn't be able to tell if I had Ovarian cancer.

Not heard of ascetes before

Elena

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2013, 02:25:15 PM »

Maybe technology has moved on since your last ultrasound.

Good luck for wednesday, pointless to say Dont Worry.  Do try to keep busy and with people though, that's what I do when I am worrying.

northwest1965

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2013, 06:12:38 AM »

Just reporting back after scan yesterday.

I had a really full bladder, so there was no need to do an internal scan. The ovaries and uterus all look perfectly normal. I am so relieved :)
However, I still dont know what is causing the dull ache and swollen left side. It almost feels like something burning inside. (sore).

I really don't know what to do next. I am thinking bladder? I do seem to go to the loo an awful lot.

Elena

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2013, 10:16:06 AM »

What a huge relief for you, even though the problem wasnt resolved.

suzykeens

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2013, 09:27:32 PM »

I had OC and it was not picked up by ultrasound - I was told they could only really confirm OC by examining it after surgery. Hope this helps x