Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: How quick?  (Read 4201 times)

pdom

How quick?
« on: May 02, 2013, 03:39:00 PM »

Hello all

So I've cruised around threads and seem to find bits and pieces of information about this question, but I am curious to know really just one thing: is it even possible to feel a bit better after only TWO days on HRT?! I started Elleste Duet 2mg YESTERDAY. Despite having a period, I actually feel chirpier than I have in ages. Obviously I'm on the oestrogen tablets...

The interesting thing is that yesterday (first day of period) I was battling what has become a fairly usual migraine for me (for the last 18 months I have been getting one both at the beginning of my period AND at the end). Well, it went away the same day. And hasn't come back. I feel...more focused. Lighter.

Could this possibly be?! Maybe it shouldn't matter, but I really hope I'm not making it up... AND, for those of you who saw my other question about aches: I went to the gym yesterday, quite achy at end of day as before. BUT this morning: no aches. Seriously. No problems today. What?!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: How quick?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 06:16:43 PM »

Don't count your chickens  ;) but enjoy every moment of being achy free ........

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 07:29:18 PM »

I know that patches can work that quickly - not so sure about pills - but it doesn't matter why it's happened just enjoy it!

taz x

KatieLiz

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 07:35:07 PM »

I felt better after taking my first tablet, more relaxed than I had in months!  After 6 months I did need to increase the dose but have felt more settled on the higher dose and have been taking this for over a year.

pdom

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 07:08:44 AM »

Many thanks all -- third day and still feeling better -- despite period cramps!

Woke in the night with an awful sweat BUT I usually have trouble first thing, about 6.30, before I get up. OH notices because I throw the covers off... This morning he suddenly said, 'you haven't thrown the covers off!'. Yay! Could be fluke, of course, and I'm not counting chickens  :) -- but it's nice to think that things may be on the move. Today already I still have a lightness... unusual. Normally third day of period and I'm dragging my knuckles... But it's an internal, basic lightness. Maybe it's as simple as that I feel hopeful.

Whatever the case, I'm enjoying it as suggested, and trying to get some good work done while I can focus. Cheers all!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2013, 11:07:04 AM »

Don't do too much!  Enjoy feeling better  ;)

Greyhoundgal

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2013, 12:10:46 PM »

I felt the benefits of mine (femoston 1/10) almost immediately as well.  Not sure if it was the pills or that someone had listened to me but I definitely felt an improvement which - touch wood - has continued.  I'm quite aware that for some ladies it has been a long, complicated slog getting the right HRT for them and thank my lucky stars that my nurse got mine right first time  :)  Long may yours last..... :)

pdom

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2013, 09:03:08 AM »

Sorry not to have been on here for a few days! Thanks for the replies. Glad to report that basically all is going well. A short, surprisingly light period. Virtually no night sweats now and much better sleeping. I did have a pretty awful migraine for the last two days of my period (which is typical) but I'm just hoping that the build up of estrogen from the whole cycle will help next time.

My mood also continues to be good. I feel more focused and have considerably more energy. I also feel the beginnings of getting my mojo back... Gosh, hormones are incredible things.

Thanks for everything. I have a very busy few days now, but shall keep in touch!

Shula

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2013, 11:41:05 AM »

That's so good to read! I'm like a different person on HRT, and I too felt much better very quickly, although I'm on a continuous combined tablet. Hope it continues to go well for you!

ladybird52

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2013, 12:46:01 PM »

Hi

I also felt completely different within a couple of days.  It was so remarkable to feel like my old self so quickly.  Touch wood no bad side effects so far...4th month in on HRT (combined pill).