Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: New and worried  (Read 4620 times)

Stena

New and worried
« on: April 26, 2013, 04:31:55 PM »

I had my last period 4 years ago but still have the hot flushes. Noticed my flushes disappeared a couple of weeks ago libido came back dryness went away tummy cramps and yesterday a period. Called docs and they are going to refer me to the hospital. I am terrified. Have not had any problems before and it feels like a normal period. Nurse said it could be a hormonal surge. Wold like to know if this has happened to anyone
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 04:38:09 PM by Stena »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: New and worried
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 05:19:01 PM »

:welcomemm:  sounds like your GP is doing the 'right' thing.  Any bleeding after we have been period free for 2 years needs to be investigated.  It could be a hormonal blip or a cyst or polyp or .......... you may find that ladies who have had similar issues will be here shortly!

Dyan

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 05:55:42 PM »

Yes,it should be checked out.
I had this after 2 years of being period free but this was because my mirena was depleting.
Like CLKD said it could just be a hormonal blip etc etc.
Try not to worry,easier said than done I know.

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 11:51:41 PM »

Hi Stena - it does sound like a hormonal blip - especially taking into account the fact that your flushes stopped which is normal when a period is on it's way. Your doctor is merely following guidelines which are that any bleeding after a year period-free has to be checked out. It doesn't matter whether you have had the pre-period symptoms or not - it has to be checked.

Let us know how you get on. You will find lots of info and support on here.

Taz x

Stena

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 08:41:31 AM »

Thanks for the replies. Have a friend who has had 3 heavy periods in the last 9 years since her periods stopped. Still very worried & wishing it was all over. Only plus side is not having the flushes x

Evenstar

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2013, 09:43:49 PM »

Hi and welcome. Was interested to read your post. Am wondering if a hormonal surge is what I'm experiencing at the moment. All the same things that you described have happened to me since Christmas apart from the bleeding bit as yet.
  I havn't gone as long as you without a period though, my last one was last August.