Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Femseven conti and weekly bleeding??  (Read 4596 times)

steph

Femseven conti and weekly bleeding??
« on: April 25, 2013, 10:01:41 PM »

Hi, I'm at the end of my tether with this. Just don't know what to do.

I've been taking femseven conti patches for a year and felt great on them, no hot flushes or night sweats. However, I began to have a weekly bleed which was quite heavy lasting 3 to 4 days. I had investigations and womb showed normal, so no nasties.  I then stopped taking it for almost 3 months.... bleeding stopped immediately and at first no flushes. Then after a few weeks they returned along with their friend the night sweats. 

I am now in a dilemma - patches, with bleeds or no patches but flushes. I just don't know what to do.

I have previously tried the tablets with monthly bleeds but had headaches with them.  Had the gel but couldn't get on with the norethisterone tablets.  My dream is no flushes and no bleeds.  Please could anyone suggest anything. Much appreciated.

Delilah

Re: Femseven conti and weekly bleeding??
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 01:56:15 PM »

Hi steph

Sorry i've no experience of patches but what hss your gp said about the sudden appearance of bleeding? Have you thought of trying a different patch, evorel conti for example. If tests have shown nothing serious to worry about, maybe its just a blip that will settle down. Sorry i cant be more help. Hope you find a solution.

Take care delilah. X

steph

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 02:20:34 PM »

Hi Delilah

Thanks for your reply.  Meno Consultant doesn't know why the bleeds occur every week.  He did say that maybe my body is still producing its own hormones (?).  But as soon as I stopped the patches for 3 months, the bleeds stopped.

Do other patches have noristerthone in them?  I would prefer to take a patch that doesn't have this in it.   Any advice on Evorel conti?

Thanks again
Steph

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 05:24:47 PM »

Meno Consultant doesn't know why ........... is he/she plodding around in the dark like the rest of us then  :-\  ....... have you done a search for the products you are taking: top left of screen, white on blue background 'search' button and key in the names?  That will take you to any threads on those particular medications.