Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: menopause and anxiety new member  (Read 4647 times)

jo p

menopause and anxiety new member
« on: April 23, 2013, 10:50:25 AM »

Hello, im Jo, 51, and for the past 12 months I've been having hot flushes, migraines with aura, irregular periods and feeling very emotional. What im really struggling with is the anxiety. I've not been to work fir 2 weeks, I tremble, my stomach churns and I find it hard to relax. Sometimes I feel so charged with anxiety I feel hysterical :( . I just want to be the person I was before this all started. If im honest I think I have maybe made myself anxious over the menopause symptoms, does this make sense.

grumpyandIknowit

Re: menopause and anxiety new member
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 11:06:50 AM »

:welcomemm:
Oh Yes it does - anxiety, doom, gloom and feelings of mortality really are one of the worst symptoms. I've just joined as well and am the same as you. All I can say is that everyone is lovely on here and you will get loads of support. There are a couple of posts on here which offer self help techniques which I have printed off and will be definitely giving a go. As I'm new I'm not sure how you find them but one is:-

Title: Anxiety/feeling weird
Post by: jgr on February 17,2013, 04:07:18 PM

and the other is from Bette

See if you can find them - Big Hug XXX
We're not alone in this...........Herman Hormone has a lot to answer for........

jo p

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 11:19:45 AM »

It does make a difference to know im not the only one feeling like this. All my doctor has offered me is to go on the mini pill, which I didn't want. I'm actually at the doctors this afternoon and dragging the hubby along with me, im sure he thinks I've just gone gaga, but he us very supportive :)

Kathleen

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 03:45:09 PM »

Hello jo p. Anxiety issues have been my biggest problem and I feel for you. When all this started I took my husband with me to see the GP so that he could represent me if I became too emotional to do it myself and that worked really well. Amazing to think that back in my working days I was perfectly capable of doing everything myself and would have sneered at the suggestion of male help! Just goes to show how hormones can affect your personality and shred your confidence.
Wishing you well and let us know how you get on.
K.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2013, 05:41:37 PM »

:welcomemm:  you won't get back to how you were before, this isn't called 'the change' for nothing.  Anti-depressant medication or betablockas can help anxiety, as can Rescue Remedy.  Some ladies find HRT useful.  Have you read 'help for husbands' and the menus on the left of screen?

jo p

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 04:33:10 AM »

Doctor has given me beta blockers which im a bit apprehensive about taking. Just got up after a night of no sleep and a rotten churning stomach to keep me company :( thanks for the support and advice from you ladies, I'll let you know if I decide the beta blockers are for me.

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2013, 07:13:26 AM »

Welcome jo - have you asked your GP about HRT? This would seem a better idea than the birth control pill?

Taz x