Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Breast tenderness and HRT  (Read 4178 times)

Anjia

Breast tenderness and HRT
« on: April 22, 2013, 08:22:22 PM »

I have been on ellestte solo 1mg for almost 4 months and only this last week have had swollen and sore breasts. I have been taking a high dose of primrose oil but it s made no difference.Do you think it is a side affect that will settle or should I see my gp.Im a bit concerned because I have had cysts in the past although I dident need treatment for them.   

ann123

Re: Breast tenderness and HRT
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 09:37:05 PM »

I had this when I started HRT, for the first 3 months

Suz

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 10:33:06 PM »

Hi Anjia,

I have had same on Hrt but coming to the end of first 3 months seems to have eased off.

Also, evening primrose oil capsules used to give me terribly painful,swollen breasts. It got to a stage that it stimulated production of prolactin in me and I was lactating. As soon as I stopped evening primrose oil within less than a week it all went away.

Suz

Joyce

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 08:56:52 AM »

Starflower oil capsules with minimum 250mg GLA worked for me. GP told me anything with less than than that was well high useless. Ones I got had 230mg, took  2-3 months, but then I was able to come off them again and been fine ever since.

Winnie

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2013, 04:58:44 AM »

Hi

I have also been suffering with painful breasts.  I had been to the breast clinic befor with this problem
and I remembering them saying you need to take Evening Primrose with a high level of GLA it's supposed to stop the pains.  It worked for me in the past and I have just started taking it again as I have been suffering recently with it again.  I am on HRT also.  All the best
Winnie.