Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: feeling terrible  (Read 6376 times)

ellen12

feeling terrible
« on: April 17, 2013, 11:37:07 AM »

Hi All
I haven't been on for awhile as I was feeling ok and coping and I got a new job.  But about 2 1/2 mths ago I started feeling the depression coming back again along with slight night flushes. Things are now full on again, depression so bad I dont want to go to work, getting washed and dressed is a chore and the sleeping problems have started all over again.  Im spending the day under the duvet as I cant face doing anything, luckily Im not at work today. I feel so miserable I dont think I can cope much longer living like this.  I am going to see my dr next week :'(

Kathleen

Re: feeling terrible
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 12:02:24 PM »

Hello ellen 12, so sorry to hear that you are struggling at the moment. I recently joined the forum because I am finding the mental side of the menopause particularly difficult. I take an AD, Citalopram, which was prescribed to help reduce night sweats and anxiety as well as depression. My dose was recently increased from 20mg to 30mg and this seems to be helping. Is that something you would consider trying?
I'm sorry that I don't know more about your circumstances and can't be of greater help, I just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you and hopefully your GP will have some answers for you.
K.

ellen12

Re: feeling terrible
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 01:00:29 PM »

Hi Kathleen, thank you for reply.  I started HRT ellleste combi 2mg and AD in Oct and I was feeling really bad, worse than now at that time. Everything was going well up to Jan when I started feeling the depression getting worse.

I have just read through the decision tree on the side bar and see that my symptoms could be related to side effects of HRT so will discuss this next week with dr but this doesnt help me cope with 'the now'

thanks for your kind words as they have helped.