Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Introducing me!  (Read 4746 times)

RedB

Introducing me!
« on: April 11, 2013, 02:11:52 PM »

Hi - I'm RedB and it seems I'm going through the menopause at 45. Feeling a bit depressed about it. I'm having flushes in the night (not super sweaty yet) and occasionally in the day, but it seems my main sympton is anxiety and bad temper! I'm struggling with it to be honest, I have a 6 year old and I am worried I'm sharper with her than I should be. I've had a blood test, results were very high levels of whatever were expected to be high (FSH?) which indicated I was definitely in menopause. Had no period for 2 months after being fairly regular before, but we'll see what happens on that one!

Anyway, looks like there is a lot of info here, so .... hello!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Introducing me!
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 02:32:22 PM »

:welcomemm:  browse round, join in.  Have a word with your 6 year old, they are more aware than we give them credit for.  Tell her that you are snappy because you are tired, perhaps have a buzz word between you that she can whisper when you go over the top?

Firewalker50

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 05:30:02 PM »

Hello and welcome RedB.

There are quite a few members with early-ish menopause so I am sure they will share their experiencs.

CLKD's advice is a good idea for your daughter.  I can imagine how concerning it must be for you to feel like that.

Hopefully, now that it has been diagnosed, you will be able to take steps to manage the symptoms and the journey.

Fx

honeybun

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 07:03:42 PM »

Welcome to the forum.

Have you considered HRT. You are going through an early menopause and in order to protect your heart and bones not to mention having a little one to cope with.

I am not sure how you feel about this but HRT gave me a quality of life back and although not perfect certainly helps.

Honeyb
X

Evenstar

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 04:09:14 PM »

Hi there, I am 51 and have a 7 year old so I can sympathise with you.
  I am not having any symptoms at all at the moment which is nice but have found it hard in the past keeping on an even keel for the sake of my daughter.
   I have read somewhere that ladies who are going through the menopause with young children can occasionally have an easier time because they are too busy to dwell on symptoms etc. Am hoping that will be the case with me. :)

Sweetlittlemaiden

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2013, 03:19:53 PM »

Hi I too am 51 and have a 7 year old daughter, I have been peri menopausal for the last three maybe four years. I am having night sweats, mood swings, anxiety etc, etc. I think having my daughter helps because I try not to be too 'moany' in front of her after I realised that if I was feeling panicky she would suddenly be the same and if I felt ill then sure enough she would feel ill... She will tell me if I am being moody and she is great for cheering me up. this is a horrible stage of life but I keep telling myself that there are so many ladies out there going through the same thing as me and that it won't last forever. 

pixie

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2013, 07:27:00 PM »

:welcomemm:  You will find plenty of support here.  I am 51years old and post menopausal. 
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 07:29:47 PM by pixie »

Suzi Q

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2013, 11:29:21 AM »

IM 59 in JUne post meno sice I was 42 natural Ovarian failure
Thank you god all of you late Mothers for your children
Yes your going to be knackered and yes meno is shite
Sorry but a 6 year old has no understanding of whats happening to you
If you feel your getting towhere you want to snap HUGE BREATH turn on TV put a DVD on and this is for all late MUMS
If your sick fed up tired and worried children will sence it so use the goggle box and be kind to youself
Few hours here and there isnt going to harn them the most important thing is you enjoy your children are a gift :-*