Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Is my dose too high at 54?  (Read 7257 times)

warwick01

Is my dose too high at 54?
« on: April 08, 2013, 02:02:58 PM »

Hi Ladies,

Just got back from visiting my GP and she has told me that using 4 pumps of Oestrogel (2 morn, 2eve) is far to high for a women my age >:( >:(

The problem is I have tried to reduce to 3 pumps per day and I feel shocking. In fact over the last 2 months my symptoms have started to break through even on 4 pumps a day. Can anyone advice me on the amount that is deemed safe for a 54 year old women. I use progesterone 7 days per month as previously advised.

Does anyone else at 54 or above use 4 pumps of gel?? what should I do, reduce and be miserable and dysfunctional. Or carry on?

W

warwick01

Re: Is my dose too high at 54?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 02:39:43 PM »

Stellajane

Thanks for your reply. I guess the best advice comes from women who are going through the menopause.

I just became worried when my GP tells me the dose is too high for a women my are :( Although I started HRT in Peri 3 years ago. I do feel I have reached post meno as additional symptoms have appeared others have left me.

I do try to reduce, unfortunately nothing less than 4 pumps of Oestrogel controls my symptoms. As im progesterone intolerant taking it for 7 days is such a battle. I'm thinking of trying the conti HRT as I was o.k with Femseven prog unfortunetly the estrogen was too low.

W