Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Hi everyone  (Read 5756 times)

foxxy65

Hi everyone
« on: April 07, 2013, 06:23:43 PM »

Hi, well let me try this again.  I started a post but I accidentally hit the mouse and it disappeared.  I just joined this group about a week ago.  I just wanted to say that am happy to be here and I will be reading a lot of info on here.  I will be 48 in 2 months. I thought I started the menopause about 8 years ago but to be honest now am not sure.  I am beginning to think those feelings were probably depression and anxiety.  I don't feel so bad anymore.  Now at 47, I just get that painful bottom of feet, especially right before a period is due.  Really hurts to walk.  I do have the irritated, angry, want to lash out moods. Terrible at times.  I sometimes get heart palpitations. My last period lasted 18 days, mostly a light spotting type flow.  I am due anytime now, but I have no symptoms of a period soon to come and I wonder if it will be regular this month or be late because of an almost 3 week flow last month. I guess I will wait and see. 

I think as I get older, I get more of the doom and gloom feel, everything is bad type of feeling.  I do need to go find a new gyno as I have not seen one in over a year and I have relocated.  I also suffer from constantly clearing my throat and of course I fear the worse with that.  I have been told by a doc it is post nasal drip but am at the point now where I will demand a scope in my throat to make sure it is nothing serious.   

Anyway, I hope to post more at another time, I do not want to  post too much right now and go on and on..  Look forward to reading your posts on here and learn a lot.  Thanks for having me.

Jazz  :)       

honeybun

Re: Hi everyone
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 06:30:13 PM »

Welcome to the forum.

You are in good company here. I was your age when things started to get strange/different. I am now 52 and on HRT.

Look around and join in. Lots of us are going through the same things.

Honeyb
X

foxxy65

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 06:33:12 PM »

Thank you honeyb.  I forgot to mention, I am now waking up drenched at night.  It does not really bother me as I manage to just go back to sleep.  I have never had that happen before and I hate now that my pillows and sheets get really smelly from sweat, so I have to change them very often now. 

honeybun

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2013, 06:40:49 PM »

It was the hot flushes day and night that drove me to HRT. I just could not cope with having no sleep.

Every one is different but it was the best choice for me. I went on patches and within 2 days the flushes were gone and I was sleeping.

Natural meno is usually around 52/ 53 years old so I was just replacing what my body should have naturally anyway.

HRT is not perfect and many of our members choose natural methods with some success.

Honeyb
X

Suzi Q

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 05:52:51 AM »

Welcome and hi xxx
Have you thought the clearing of your throat is nerves?
I used to go HU HUM all the time it was nerves just a thought?
All the other things sweetie welcome to the wondeful world of meno
The fear doom Im going to die fee;ling the palpitations can be helped by Beta Blocas
What your feeling is abso normal Its easy to say but not easy to mean but dont go looking for things
Dont put yourself through fear of horrible procedures Im sure if he says its nasal drip it is he wont want to be sued
Gps arent daft they can be hard at times some come across as uncaring but they are there to do no harm
Your just in a shit place OK remember that all of us every single one on here have felt and yes me still feel that fear
I ahve cancer I have a brain tumour my Vagifems going to fail on and on and on big hugs OK xxxxxxxxx

foxxy65

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2013, 04:04:06 AM »

Hi Susie Q, not sure if it's nerves but it sure as heck is annoying.  I go to my cardiologist on Friday, but am going to see him as a primary care physician as well for labs, etc.  Next step is to find a GYNO.  I was told last year that I have what they think is a fibroid that is degenerating/dying, in my uterus, it is turning to fluid form, so I need to get that followed up on like they requested, but I have moved so need a new gyno.

Oh well, YAY me. 

Billie Blaster

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2013, 05:19:52 AM »

Hi and welcome from me too,

I started menopause at the same age as you possibly did.  Know those feelings of doom/dread (I use EFT for these -- a self-applied stress relief technique using acupressure points), and have had my share of heart palpitations. 

Sometimes throats problems do represent issues of not speaking up, or choking things back, but it might be that you have a slight allergy to something, as they irritate your linings and cause extra mucous.

All the best,

Billie Blaster

ladybird52

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2013, 04:24:08 PM »

Hi Jazz

I was also about your age when all the weird stuff started to happen but just thought I was getting old and miserable but at 52 now I have been taking a combined low dose HRT for about 3 months and feel so much better already. The feelings of anxiety have really calmed down.  I also used to feel that there was a dark cloud following me everywhere and at any time really bad things were about to happen so was in a constant state of alert and very jumpy so I do understand how you are feeling right now.  Also having 5 or even 6 hours of interrupted sleep now which I haven't done for years and years which is really great - YIPEE!!

foxxy65

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2013, 03:43:02 AM »

Thank you Billie Blaster and Ladybird, I appreciate you sharing your experience with me.  I do feel it is some form of allergy, possibly GERD. 

All the best to you girls too