Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Young adult violence  (Read 32878 times)

honeybun

Re: Young adult violence
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2013, 01:45:35 PM »

I remember seeing a woman smacking a toddler really hard because he was complaining his shoes were hurting him. She had lost the plot completely.

My OH had to be restrained from saying something to her.

It's difficult to not react but unless someone was in real trouble then I won't get involved.

Honeyb
X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2013, 02:50:05 PM »

I hate seeing parents ignoring their children whilst out shopping, kids are usually grizzly because they are hungry  ::).  I watched a woman with a young lad of about 4 - it appeared hehad autism spectrum disorder and she was very calm, kept repeating what she wanted him to hear even though he was throwing a strop on the floor.  Me, it was me that got angry  ::) at his actions ..........

Taz2

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2013, 02:52:48 PM »

Kids are usually grizzly because they are kids I reckon. What  made you think he was on the Autistic spectrum CLKD? Lots of children throw tantrums without being autistic.

Taz x

honeybun

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2013, 07:19:31 PM »

Good grief...mine could tantrum for Scotland.

I used to walk away and ignore them. When they don't get a reaction they generally stop.

All kids throw fits on occasions for a variety of reasons and for no reason at all.

Honeyb
X

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2013, 08:13:21 PM »

Because she told me.  Explained that this was a regular occurrence when he was either hungry or not getting his own way.  Explained that they had to travel this route which was a journey he objected to.  But they had no other choice  ::)

My sister would hold her breath until she turned blue  >:( - she still has a temper  :(

Taz2

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2013, 11:22:33 PM »

I used to hold my breath until I passed out too - from the age of 2 - unfortunately  my  mum forgot to warn the babysitter...

Taz x  ;D

Suzi Q

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2013, 07:11:14 AM »

Fom yesterday sadly full blown fear in the morng and all day took 1/4 beta helped a bit
Today Saturday felt weird sickly lightheaded and scared heart racing so took 1/2 a one mid afternoon its now 5pm here
IM angry that I bohtered Im angry that I cant use the train Im angry that the fear has returned sh.... Im just angry
Hairdressers today ashe put bright red real red not orange streaks in my hair fancied something different and shorter
Did I do it to hide me? Phyc would probably say yes p off really am not that I tried to help but the feelings I feel now
Ive the dizzies tummy going over  in fear as if Im going on a plane pulse  racing 
IM also light headed I  even thought it was my heart even typing this my hearts going bang feel the pulse in my thorat
So yippeee I was going to phone the Poice on Monday see if the railways have made a complaint or charge
Geoffrey said not he said if you find out they didnt you will feel even worse I am just angry now
One bright spark though back wasnt half as bad today so didnt go to Chiro fro the emrgency appt
Just wish the feeling of fear would go though it has eased off 50% but its still there I ahte this panic feeling
Other wise ladies im fighting fit heheheheheh Have a lovely weekend everyone Love Suzanne aka Suzi Q the idiot :'(

Oldteen

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2013, 08:22:40 AM »

You're  no idiot Suzi! I hope these awful feelings soon pass.

I don't know what I would have done. The problem now is that you never know whether someone has a knife and is on drugs. The mad way people behave now, drugs seems the most likely explanation.

Love to you. xx

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2013, 09:36:47 AM »

Usual reaction to a HUGE adrenaline surge.  Fight or flight response kicked in at the time, you choose to fight.  Deep breathing.  Take the BBs as necessary.  This won't last for ever.  If you do phone the Police you may end up giving evidence should they catch them.  Then the anxiety will rise again.

Be kind to you!  You did your Duty and your body is now beginning to relax from all that adrenaline.  Horrid feelings I know ......... walking a little.  Rest a little.  Deep breathing ........

Limpy

« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2013, 09:49:07 AM »

Suzi you are NOT an idiot, you are a star.
Would you be willing to give evidence, if they were caught? Stressful thing giving evidence..........

You have had a big shock, be kind to yourself.

Suzi Q

« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2013, 11:35:58 AM »

Bless ladies thank you xxxxxxxxxxxx

Yes I would give evidence Ive had to do it before
Once when I was in the Royal Navy cant tell you what but it was bad very bad
Second time our house was broken in too
Id taken my son to Prep school and came home a I opened the front door I could see the upstairs bedroom door open so I shut the door quietly Went over the road the chap got his 3 Alsations we walked over very quietly
I opened the front door and he sent the dogs in Bloody hell they were nearly eaten 3 Lads stealing
Police came bla bla bla and 2 months or so later I had to go to Chester Crown court they got 3 years this was 1976
Imagine that now Id have been prosecuted and they would have got off scot free
How times change remember our parent saying things like that wed roll our eyes ::) Now we are them  :P :P :P

Limpy

« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2013, 12:28:59 PM »

Sadly, I think you are right about you being the one prosecuted now.
It was good they got 3 years.

Wasn't 1976 the year of the wonderful summer? - Sorry off topic - must concentrate

Will you contact the police on Monday?

Keep thinking calm thoughts

Elena

« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2013, 01:37:06 PM »

Suzi you are not an idiot.  You were extremely courageous.  Now take care of YOU as CLKD has said.

Red streaks sound great, my colleague had proper red in dark brown hair.  Looked absolutely fab :)

CLKD

« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2013, 01:56:11 PM »

Yep 1975 and 1976 were really, really hot: 1976 was the year of the ladybirds  :o  ;)

Limpy

« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2013, 05:23:13 PM »

Ah yes - year of heat and ladybirds.
Also the year when OH and I started "Associating"
They said it wouldn't last, but hey ho
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5