Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Exactly  (Read 8673 times)

Rowan

Exactly
« on: April 03, 2013, 03:14:22 PM »

Elena

Re: Exactly
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 03:52:45 PM »

According to a friend I was talking to a few weeks back we actually evolved from the ocean prior to the whole evolving from apes thing.  It sounded very complicated  :-\

Rowan is it you making all the pages go wide?  The MM recipe one is as well!!

Rowan

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 04:23:49 PM »

We did evolve from the ocean that's the joke ;D ;D from amoeba type organisms and even smaller.

Its not wider on my page milliemoo.

Elena

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 04:46:06 PM »

Ohh, he said we did but it all went over my head like a huge ocean of blah blah blah blah blah  :-\

ellie

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 12:06:25 PM »

:great: :lol:

Firewalker50

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2013, 02:11:00 PM »

Thanks Silverlady x

It's okay on my page Millimoo.

There is so much information, conjecture and debate about where we came from.   Amoeba organisms, Apes, Aquatic Apes, God...   As much a one theory or explanation is put forward, another will the set about trying to prove or disprove it (including the latest amphibian transformation).

I even read (or tried to read) the mathematical disproving of the story of evolution..... (don't all rush out to buy a copy  ;D).

In my simple brain, if we evolved from Apes, why do we still have apes.  If we evolved from other aquatic species, why are they not still evolving?   Answers on a postcard stamp please because more than that hurts.

Actually , I read something interesting though about Hinduism - for anyone interested.

The incarnation of Lord Vishnu actually represents what is claimed to be / seems to be the evolutionary process:   I am not a Hindu but it caught my attention.

Kurma : This avatar was in the form of a tortoise. We all know that tortoise is a creature capable of living both on land & in water, which indicates the transition of life from water to land.

Varaha : The third avatar was in the form of a Boar. This indicates the evolution of an amphibian animal to a land animal.

Narasimha : Half man and Half animal, and indicates the transformation from animal to human form. This may be early-extinct human ancestor such as someone who could be the missing link between apes and humans.

Vamana : Described as a dwarf or pigmy sized human being, indicates the complete transition into human form, and the beginning of intelligence in humans. This was the period of Pliocene, and could be the Neanderthals, who were shorter than modern human beings.

Parashurama : Forest dweller called Parasuram, who has weapons such as axe for survival. Happened in the Quaternary period and could have been the man of Iron age.

Ram: Lord Ram is well known among Hindus and is worshipped in temples as a deity. He is civilised and has developed better weapons such as bow and arrows and indicates a time where humans have started living in small communities and villages.

Krishna: Another popular deity worshipped in many temples, and is a clear representation of advanced human civilization.

Buddha : A very important avatar, who was the founder of Buddhism who was able to find out the ultimate truth for human suffering. Please check out my previous posts: Buddha's life & Buddha's findings

Kalki: As per ancient texts, this Avatar is yet to arrive. He would be here to restart the whole cycle, so that it starts again. Species will be disappearing and the world will come to an end."

Rowan

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2013, 02:51:44 PM »

Then there is Intelligent Design FW and though I have searched for a simple explanation,  I still don't understand   ::)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligent_design

Need "Horizon" I think :)

Emma

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2013, 10:56:26 AM »

Karl Pilkington on Evolution -  "I know it went: germ, fish, mermaid, man".