Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Is this house your......?  (Read 27468 times)

honeybun

Is this house your......?
« on: April 01, 2013, 07:19:24 PM »

Last house.....?

My daughter was asking me today if I thought we would ever move again or would I be happy to spend the rest of my life in our current house.

We have moved 5 times in 29 years and have been in our current house for nearly 3 years.

I am not sure whether this is it or not and just the thought of it gives me itchy feet.

Has anyone got any big plans of where they want to be for the twilight years.......and do you think you will do it.

Honeyb
X

lily

Re: Is this house your......?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 07:23:55 PM »

This is our 4th house in 27 years and we just moved into this one 2 years ago.  I would like it to be our last if we keep well enough, but it has stairs and I would ideally have liked a bungalow for our last house so........?  the thought of another move would fill me with dread though  ???

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 09:11:19 PM »

In my dreams:

a 4 bedded bungalow ........... 3 with en-suite shower rooms; plus a family bathroom; with the main bed-room leading through an automatic shower into a pool area  :-* and the pool area will open onto a sun-filled patio ...........

However: I really want an acre of land but it's as rare as hens' teeth  :'(.  We had planned to move to Wales but there isn't enough to keep us busy.  Property in other areas is too highly priced - yet.

I would like to think our next move will be our choice, following that it will be into the 'rest home'  ;)  ........... I saw the ideal property in a Norfolk village recently but it stands close to the main coastal road which would make leaving and getting back through the gate virtually impossible  ::)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 10:32:34 AM by CLKD »

LilFeather

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 09:20:50 PM »

I have moved 10 times in my lifetime thus far, not including 3/4 year overseas.  9 of those 10 times in my adult years.  I have lived in my current home nearly 3 years now, and we're discussing a move to the country, closer to my daughter (grandbabies!!!!).  So, at least one, probably two more moves - depending on how the economy/jobs/etc. goes.  (Our "final" destination will hopefully be in a warmer/drier climate!)

Elena

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 10:19:50 PM »

I honestly could not say.  Moved here just over 2 years ago when I separated from ex.  Dont like the area in general but children and friends are here.  Wouldnt feel able to move away just yet if ever.  Maybe to a nicer part of the county? 

littleminnie

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 08:00:59 AM »

This is our second house. Hopefully will downsize further down the line to a nice apartment somewhere.

honeybun

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 08:12:52 AM »

I will never ever move to any kind of flat, I would rather live in a tent.
We have had two flats....one a starter flat and one very large Victorian one and the neighbours have been terrible.

I would love a country cottage but I don't think I will ever be able to afford one.
OH tells me if Scotland gain independence we will be moving to England.

Honeyb
X

Taz2

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2013, 08:16:09 AM »

We bought this house as a "five year stop"... twenty five years ago. I hate the thought of moving but would love enough money to have a small flat somewhere on the coast to pop down to for weekends and the odd week or two. I must have spent a fortune over the years renting places! 

Taz x

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2013, 09:02:56 AM »

I think we've lived in this house 22 years now.  I sometimes think of moving but our house is in a nice spot and it's always sunny and warm.  The house is so well insulated and light and bright that I'd miss all that.

A few years ago I got as far as looking at other houses but I can't be doing with houses where you need lights on in the daytime or tiny little dark rooms which get little sun.  As an example, yesterday was everso cold but lovely and sunny.  Our heat went off at 8.30 am and I didn't need to switch it on again until 6pm.   The kitchen and lounge were bathed in sunshine.  :)

We're detached and have 4 bedrooms (all of which we still use) and a lovely sunny, sheltered garden.  We sometimes fancy buying somewhere with land for our 2 horses but we rent a 3 acre field just 5 mins walk away so it wouldn't really benefit us much.

littleminnie

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2013, 10:13:30 AM »

I don't want a flat HB, I want an apartment.  :lol:

Taz2

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2013, 10:14:56 AM »

A bit like scones or scones!

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2013, 10:34:05 AM »

There's a 2 bed flat over-looking the burned out pier in Brighton  ;) - good view, no garden .......... but would never be a 2nd-home as it's over £200.00.  <sigh>.  At least by renting one can travel around the UK ..........

We moved here in the early 1980s, it was supposedly a stop gap whilst we got a 'feel' for the area; then prices rose .........  ::)

Taz2

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2013, 10:35:38 AM »

that flat sounds delightful CLKD  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2013, 10:37:34 AM »

If I get time and if I remember, I will try to post the Link  ;)

Taz2

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2013, 10:38:17 AM »

I've found one I quite like in my favourite place but it's £295k although there are two bedrooms...

The link might have a commercial aspect though CLKD.

Taz x
Pages: [1] 2 3 4