Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: Feel helpless  (Read 30763 times)

purplenanny

Re: Feel helpless
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2013, 01:58:03 PM »

Just caught up, really very sorry Cubagirl, what an awful worry. I do hope things are progressing well with your little grandaughter
Thinking of you and sending hugs. PN x x

Rowan

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2013, 02:55:33 PM »

I have just seen this too cubagirl, I do hope your little granddaughter will get stronger each day, sending healing thoughts.

Joyce

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2013, 02:59:09 PM »

Granddaughter now down to just 2 tubes. One for feeding and one for antibiotics. She's still quite sleepy, but last 24 hours have been quite traumatic for her. Hospital not overly concerned. They say it's similar to what her big sister suffered from after birth, but a bit worse.
Everyone a lot more relaxed now. Her elder sister is away shopping with her other grandparents. So no doubt will be getting spoilt rotten.
Thanks to all of you for your support and best wishes this last 24 hours or so. I was so down yesterday, as I remember how awful hubby and I felt after our son's birth nearly 28 years ago.  He was really ill and needed lots of help with breathing. Now he's a skinny lad who scares us when he goes rock climbing!
 :thankyou:

Elena

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2013, 03:38:00 PM »

What a relief :)

jax

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2013, 03:50:57 PM »

oohhhhh...just seen all this....Big hugs and good vibes coming your way xx
I cant believe after older sis had probs that they discharged them after 4 hours OMG...
fingers crossed for a speedy return to normal for you all x

Greyhoundgal

« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2013, 04:00:51 PM »

Good to hear that things are improving - how scary it must have been though, for all of you.

Trey

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2013, 04:56:23 PM »

Hope all are able to enjoy a happier Easter.

Babylon Burning

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2013, 09:29:40 AM »

Oh that's good news, so happy for you all.  Hope you can enjoy the rest of the Easter weekend.

grumpy2008

« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2013, 11:09:07 AM »

Cubagirl, what a worrying time you've had  :-\. Hopefully you can relax a little now and enjoy your weekend. Take care  :hug:

Joyce

« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2013, 08:27:15 PM »

Update. Blood tests have revealed that granddaughter is suffering with low blood sugar. How serious this is or is likely to be they don't know. Feeds may need supplementing short or long term. Bit of an unknown really. We head down tomorrow so probably won't be on here for a few days. 
One of the possible causes can be if mother has suffered with gestational diabetes. My mind is working overtime here. DD was worried she had this as she needed to drink lots of water during her pregnancy. She told nurse/midwife this at the time, but they said she was fine.  What if?

honeybun

« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2013, 08:42:22 PM »

My nephews little girl had exactly the same problem. It's more common in bigger babies rather than little ones.

She had to be kept very quiet for about a week because if they get stressed the sugars are all over the place. She came home at about 10 days old and needed no other treatment. It's not uncommon at all.
She is now a lively 3year old who has had no problems at all.

Chin up, she will be fine and you will be giving her a cuddle very soon.

Sending you a big hug.

Honeyb
X

Trey

« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2013, 10:14:29 PM »

At age three my insulin dependent diabetic son had been in a coma, unconscious many times with low blood sugar and today at 45 he teaches computer engineers all over the world.

Have a wonderful visit and hope things stabilize soon.

Taz2

« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2013, 10:17:26 PM »

My youngest son had this and he was quite small but it was a rapid birth. They said he had gone into "birth shock" and his glucose levels were all over the place. It took a couple of weeks to stabilise properly.

Taz x

Blue

« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2013, 01:09:27 PM »

Have a nice Easter CB, hope DGD is improving

Blue x

ariadne

« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2013, 07:37:50 PM »

Only just read this CG, I hope things have stabilised now and that you GD is on the mend.  :foryou:

ariadne xx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10