Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: Feel helpless  (Read 30775 times)

Joyce

Feel helpless
« on: March 28, 2013, 02:48:42 PM »

DD just off phone. Our new granddaughter is very ill.  Admitted to hospital with severe breathing difficulties. She went blue and became very lethargic. Took her to A&E this morning and they are doing all sorts of tests on her.  :'( :'( :'(
Daughter not sure at this stage what the problem is. Our eldest granddaughter had problems too at same stage but not this severe.  I'm not in the least religious these days but I'm praying my hardest just now.

honeybun

Re: Feel helpless
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 03:11:51 PM »

Oh CG have a huge hug.

Babies are resilient little things and your daughter is a nurse and will cope with what is happening.
You don't say what was wrong with your older granddaughter.....could it be the same and she is now a healthy little girl.

You are too far away just now but I am sure they will keep you in touch with what is happening.
She is in the very best place.

I won't tell you not to worry......Just keep faith things will be fine.

Honeyb
X

Trey

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 03:19:47 PM »

Oh CB, I am so sorry and also am non religious but I do believe in healing thoughts and prayer and will be thinking of you all for a good outcome.  Try to be strong and take a deep breath now and then to let go of some of the tension.  Love, Trey

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 03:43:15 PM »

Very sorry to read this Cubagirl.  I'm another non-religious person but I will send you some positive thoughts and when I light a candle tonight I will dedicate it to you grand-daughter. xxx

Joyce

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 03:52:03 PM »

What a lovely bunch you are, I knew that already but never more so than now. We're all in bits but thinking positive thoughts.
Thank you, will let you know more when I hear anything.

ellie

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2013, 04:48:11 PM »

Keep up the positive thoughts CG.....here's a BIG  :hug:

Blue

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2013, 05:56:15 PM »

I hope everything is OK.  :foryou:  and your granddaughter.

Love Blue

Elena

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2013, 07:10:55 PM »

Sending you hugs and positive vibes for you new granddaughter CB.  I hope you get some good news soon.

Joyce

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2013, 08:16:39 PM »

Not out of the woods yet, but a heck of a lot more positive tonight. Lots of tests have been done. She had a lot of mucous sucked from her tubes which they feel is the problem.  She'll be in hospital with her mum for a few days as they are giving her lots of antibiotics.  She hasn't needed oxygen which is a good thing.
Can't help but think that discharging DD and DGD 4 hours after birth was wrong. 
We've all calmed down a bit now. I kept looking at the few pictures we have of her and willing her to get better. Also shed more than a few tears.
Will let you know how she gets on.

Trey

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2013, 08:30:12 PM »

That she didn't need oxygen is GREAT news.  Hang in there, CB.

lily

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2013, 09:17:26 PM »

Glad to hear that the news is a bit better tonight cubagirl and will pray that she keeps getting better.  You'll be feeling like you've been through the mill today, it's so exhausting waiting for news.  Take care and have a big  :hug:

littleminnie

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2013, 09:22:15 PM »

Glad she is a bit better CG, keep us posted.
X

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2013, 10:26:57 PM »

Not out of the woods yet, but a heck of a lot more positive tonight. Lots of tests have been done. She had a lot of mucous sucked from her tubes which they feel is the problem.  She'll be in hospital with her mum for a few days as they are giving her lots of antibiotics.  She hasn't needed oxygen which is a good thing.
Can't help but think that discharging DD and DGD 4 hours after birth was wrong. 
We've all calmed down a bit now. I kept looking at the few pictures we have of her and willing her to get better. Also shed more than a few tears.
Will let you know how she gets on.

That's good news CB.  I agree entirely with you about her and Mum being discharged after just 4 hours.  It's ridiculous and they shouldn't be doing it.  I know several young Mums who have been sent home after just a few hours and they don't get any rest and if the baby then develops a prob it's a rigmarole to get help whereas if they kept them in at least 24 hrs they could keep a better eye on things.

Babylon Burning

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2013, 09:20:24 AM »

Thinking of you and sending positive vibes.  Take care.

Elena

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2013, 09:37:19 AM »

That's good to hear CB.  Thinking of you all.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10