Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Itchy skin  (Read 10735 times)

Battygirl

Itchy skin
« on: March 20, 2013, 08:03:19 PM »

I went to the doctors today about my itchy skin and itchy burning face, she told me that we will probably never know what is causing it and sent me away with a script for three products that cost me £22 :o I now have Diprobase to moisturise with Cortisol cream for my arms and anti hystamine tablets that I have to take twice a day, I did tell her that I have already taken antihistamines and they haven't worked :( oh well I will give it a go and see what happens I suppose
I found somewhere to buy chemicl free soap and body wash so I am hoping this will help as well, last night I was kept awake by my arms itching I gave up trying to sleep in the end and read my book :(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Itchy skin
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 08:09:24 PM »

Simple products work well for some.  Maybe the anti-histamines are different to those you used previously?  Dry skin can cause itchyness, however, both my inner feet itch like fury in the evening - a drop in oestrogen apparently  ::)

Battygirl

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 10:44:58 PM »

Hi ,I have tried Simple and my skin just burns and itches after using even that, I think I must have tried everything on the market, its costing me a fortune.
 I have now discovered a company that supplies chemical free totally natural product while I was looking for pet care products, they do stuff for animals and humans so I ordered some to try, it only arrived yesterday so its a bit early to tell if it will work, I have just had a shower with it though and so far I am not itching,mind you I also covered myself in Diprobase so that be helping too,I don't mind the itching so much during the day but its keeping me awake at night and I need to sleep properly to keep the Fibro from flaring up,it just annoys me when doctors say they don't know what has caused something, how do they know they are giving you the right treatment if they don't know what is wrong, the antihistamine are the same as the one a day ones you can buy over the counter, except she has told me to take 2 a day for a couple of months, like my mum says "if they took me to the vet they would have shot me by now" ;D

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 12:01:14 AM »

It is a menopause symptom Battygirl and one that I have when not on HRT. Have you seen this http://www.34-menopause-symptoms.com/itchy-skin.htm 

Has your doc run blood tests to rule out any other cause i.e. liver function?

Taz x

Witches Cat

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 07:33:42 AM »

Hello everyone, I had a trip to the docs yesterday too, to check out my Gallstones scan (I don't have any there thank heavens) and also to say I'm sure my HRT is failing me and I wanted to try without it, thinking maybe at 57 it's too much and I don't need it now. Last time I said that he said (and he's well clued up on meno) the Elleste duet conti was the best thing for me, now he says can try coming off it if I want to but very slowly, so cutting down to 1 pill every other night. Told him about being itchy all over and scratching till I bleed sometimes and worrying it was the HRT messing with my liver. He said my Liver function test was fine and it was prob just the cold weather. The key is to moisturise onto wet (or at least damp) skin. I already do this, using body shop aloe body butter because it does sink in without being greasy, it works for most of the day but by bedtime it's as bad as ever.  Seems like a few other things... it's just me...
                                                                                      :(

Jax Jones

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2013, 09:04:43 AM »

Itchy and burning face was my first meno symptom now that I look back. I didnt know what it was then. Doctor didnt know either and gave me some cortisone cream bethamathisone (something like that) didnt tell me how long to use it for (was only supposed to be for 7 days at a time) eventually burnt the skin on my face black which took 10 years to clear near to normal after trying the world of products cost a fortune.

Rowan

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2013, 09:05:53 AM »

Battygirl if you don't have an allergy that is causing your itchy skin, then taking antihistamines will make your itchy skin worse as they are very drying to the skin.

After your bath use Johnsons baby oil it will keep your skin moist also use Aveeno (made from oats) cream on top once the baby oil has sunk in it will soothe.

Washing your face with body and body AquaMax ( you can get it from Amazon) will not dry out the skin, it is for exczema, psoriasis and other dry skin conditions. Its good for down below too!

If possible try and keep the air humid in the home, during the winter months I have a small humidifier that keeps the air moist, I sometimes add a drop of essential oil.

Check out E45 cream for itchy skin also.

If it is hormonal and you don't want to take HRT, Natural progesterone Cream is very good to use on the face for itchy burning skin on the face.

http://www.natural-progesterone-advisory-network.com/can-rosacea-in-adult-women-be-caused-by-a-progesterone-deficiency-2/
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 09:22:28 AM by Rowan »

Rowan

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2013, 09:30:16 AM »

Just another thought diet is also important for the skin, plenty of essential fatty acids omegas 3.6 and 9, taking supplements or eating plenty of fish such as salmon.

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/content/wellbeing/features/skin-glow/1/

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2013, 11:38:20 AM »

My itchy insteps are intermittent.  In between I forget about them.  Sometimes I wake to find myself rubbing one foot with the other  ::).  HORMONES  >:(  ........... make sure you don't have a mite under your skin, if you have pets mange can be spread  :o  ;)

youngatheart

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2013, 01:09:57 PM »

Hi, I have suffered with the same problem - it started a about 5 years ago on my feet, then moved to my legs, and then my legs. www.nealsyardremedies.com/stellaria-cream  After trying many different creams on the market for itching I tries Stellaria Cream from Neals yard Remedies - it is the only cream that helped - I use to call it magic cream - check it out here:

www.nealsyardremedies.com/stellaria-cream

Try it - I hope it helps

Rowan

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2013, 01:25:02 PM »

It contains chickweed and is very good for inflamed and itchy skin  http://www.kingdomplantae.net/chickweed.php

Check for allergies to the daisy family though.

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2013, 06:33:03 PM »

I have chickweed by the bucket load on our ponds  ::)

libby1

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2013, 07:43:53 PM »

Burning face was one of my first meno symptoms too!!

I now use Oilatum on my face and find it excellent

Libby
x

Taz2

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2013, 09:16:03 PM »

Don't you mean DUCKweed CLKD?  ;D ;D

nikotu

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2019, 07:02:36 AM »

Simple products work well for some.  Maybe the anti-histamines are different to those you used previously?  Dry skin can cause itchyness, however, both my inner feet itch like fury in the evening - a drop in oestrogen apparently  ::)

Simple products didn't work out well for me tho instead I experienced more complications. However I also had stomach issues and that was another problem for me so after going through several tests and correcting my diet I was able to get rid of the problem. So the product also depends and works differently for everyone!
Pages: [1] 2