Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Shivers/flushes  (Read 5324 times)

countrybumpkin

Shivers/flushes
« on: March 06, 2013, 10:18:07 AM »

I am at that wonderful time the past 3 years where I can go 8 months period free with hot flushes and other meno symptoms and then suddenly they all go away and guess what I get a period and then for next 4-6 months I get very irregular periods but no meno symptoms and then I get three episodes of spotting last a few days two weeks apart and then my periods stop again and the meno symptoms come  back grrrr

I have just had the three spotting episodes and am now back to the no periods and meno symptoms.
What really weird but I think I have had it before is that I keep getting shivers down my spine even though I am not cold as such but I am also getting a few hot flushes a day as well.  I feel as if my thermostat is totally wonky. My temp is completely normal all the time.

Just wondered if anyone else gets the mix of back shivers and hot flushes all in the same day. Its particularly bad during the nigh alternating.

My sleep has also changed dramatically as well after 6 months of sleeping quite well for me.  I can't get to sleep because I keep getting a weird tingling rush sensation down my body as I drop off and even when I do sleep I am waking up every 3 hours at most. I have had this before and my GP thought it was a meno symptom at that time as well.

Joyce

Re: Shivers/flushes
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 11:41:01 AM »

I used to go from chills to flushes/sweats alternately. Very draining. All day and all night!
As for the sleeping, I can sympathise with that too! Only get a decent nights sleep once in a while. I'm on HRT so flushes etc are not so bad, still get the odd one though and it seems to last forever.  I've tried various things to sort out sleep problems. Have just started Melissa Dream tablets, but they take about 2 weeks to build up in your system. Not cheap but willing to try anything.

CindyIncidentally

Re: Shivers/flushes
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 09:17:40 PM »

Hi Countrybumpkin,
 no, you aren't the only one with the chills/flushes. I'm currently sitting beside a hot radiator, shivering.  Any minute now I could be stripping off and wiping sweat off my brow.  I spend most nights throwing the covers back and turning the fan on and off, then I can lie freezing for up to an hour with the covers up over my head. Ain't the menopause fun?

Cindy.