Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: pain under foot ??  (Read 8499 times)

kerrieann

pain under foot ??
« on: February 14, 2013, 05:55:59 PM »

hi all  does anyone have any ideas about a pain in my foot when walking it feels exactly like i have a stone in my shoe its been getting worse for a couple of months and for the last few weeks my 2 toes next to my big toe are bent wont seem to go flat on the floor when i stand then yesterday i knelt on the floor tiles and the pain in my toes was so sharp must have pressed them flat   all sounds weird to me other half wants me to go to the doc but i am sure he will give me pain killers and i dont want them :(  so any ideas ladies  kerrie

Taz2

Re: pain under foot ??
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 06:21:09 PM »

It could be this http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/metatarsalgia/Pages/Introduction.aspx  I have it from time to time but I do have a bunion which is causing my toes to sort of crowd together.

Taz x

kerrieann

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 06:35:11 PM »

thanks taz sounds something like that would you go to doc or chropadist ?

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 06:59:05 PM »

Is it possible to change whichever footwear may have caused the problem? I have a pair of boots which, if I wear them two days running, causes this type of pain. When I stop wearing them the pain disappears quite quickly.

I think a chiropodist could at least give you a diagnosis if you are not sure which shoes are doing it.

Taz x

kerrieann

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2013, 07:22:50 PM »

not sure taz but i have been wearing the same flat sheepskin ugg type boots all winter and it did start at around the same time but my toes look bent now so iam thinking there may be some damage

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2013, 07:26:07 PM »

Is it like the hammer toes in this picture (you have to scroll down a bit) http://www.nhs.uk/Tools/Documents/Foot_problems_a_visual_guide.html

Taz x

kerrieann

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2013, 07:41:01 PM »

hi yes it is just like that

pixie

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2013, 10:00:59 PM »

Hi,

It sounds exactly like a mortons neuroma, which is easily treated if you do it straight away. Many people describe them as walking on a sharp stone - classic symptom.They are painful, I know.   Go to your GP and tell him you think it might be this. He will examine your foot, for a mulders click, then ask to be referred for a ultrasound scan. Best of luck keep us posted. ;)
Google it on NHS choices and see if it matches your symptoms. x
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 10:05:54 PM by pixie »

kerrieann

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2013, 10:03:17 PM »

sounds important pixie  :) i will check that out thanks

pixie

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2013, 10:11:22 PM »

What happens, is the metatarsal bones in your feet compress a nerve and cause a thickening inflammation, then a growth, hence the feeling of a pebble between your toes. I'm not a doctor, but i recognise this.  The good thing is if you get it sorted early you won't need an operation like i did. I don't recommend it. :-\

kerrieann

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2013, 10:15:26 PM »

:( i dont want an operation i will get it checked thanks

pixie

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2013, 10:29:35 PM »

Don't worry, i'm sure it will be sorted out quickly. The GP could refer you to a podiatrist.  Mostly neuromas occur between the 3rd and 4th toes, but can also occur between the 1st and 2nd.  I first noticed it when I went from wearing high shoes to flat shoes, but I have dropped metatarsal arches.  Sometimes arch supports can be slipped into your shoe, which helps the area heal, because the pressure is lifted off the nerve. End of problem! :)

kerrieann

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2013, 10:38:15 PM »

i had plantar facilitis a few years ago in the same foot and i wonder if its connected  ?

Suzi Q

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2013, 06:37:29 AM »

you should wear good shoes not crappy cheap flatties from Asda or Primark they have no suport
You need your instep lifted and the brusied feleing is called a stone bruise
I wear shoes and good ones and I can guarrantee if I wear my cheapie sexy ones my feet are in so much pain!

kerrieann

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2013, 09:09:02 AM »

i know this thread is 6 months old but a few ladies replied saying that i may have a mortons nueroma, well i went to see a chiropodist and she said that's what it is, my 2nd and 3rd toes won't lie flat so i am walking funny, what she gave me was a little pad with elastic attached, the pad sits under those 2 toes and the elastic pulls them straight.
I have to wear this all the time except in bed, well i have done this for 2 weeks and now and my toes are aching like heck  :-\
I asked how long i would have to wear this and she said always, so anyone know if there is other treatment for this please, i know you can have an op, but she doesn't think it's severe enough.
Pages: [1] 2