Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20

Author Topic: What's the best thing your partner has done to help you through the menopause?  (Read 471185 times)

kels

My fionce always is helpful the only thing he wont do is ironing.Everything else no problem at all. He was a chef in the usa many yrs ago and still likes to cook at home.Now and then if I'm lucky I get to do the cooking lol. He thinks he is going through the male menopause ..personally I dont know anything about that is that discussed on here or not ?

Bette

Hi kels
Here's a recent thread on it:- http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,14411.0.html
As I've said on here before, I've solved the ironing problem - we don't have an iron so there's none to be done!  :D ;D
Bette x

Farmer

After months and months of moaning and groaning about my lack of interest in sex (although not ALL the time), my partner of 8 years has just dumped me.

Given some time... I think it will be the best thing he has done for me.  Pig!

sandie w

Hi Farmer,

Sorry to hear your news.

what an earth is wrong with men at the moment, i read on here last night that another ladies OH has walked out on her after 20 years.

But like you say could be the best thing he has ever done for you.

Chin up, there will be a light at the end of the tunnel.

TM x x

lollipop

my husband just says sign your getting old mate to me when i mention any of my problems,cus he has stayed the same even after 30yrs of marriage haha and he says he wont leave me cus he cant be bothered to break a new wife in  ;)and you know wot thats why i love him it tells it straight and he does understand me cus he as got 8 sisters,3 daughters n me so he qualifys knowing womenxx

janeA

Its difficult to find a page where I can vent my spleen, but wading my way through all the different subjects finding this seems a good place to go.

My partner of 6 years is being extremely patient while I go though my seemingly fortnightly rants.  I am a mess, suspicious, neurotic, paranoid, panicky, angry, weepy, pathetic to name but a few, basically I am hard work at the moment and I am so worried I might just push him away and it will be too late for us.

He does get very annoyed on times, understandably, but he is still here.

I have considered going to the Doctors, anti-depressants may help, but I really dont want to go down the line of taking tablets, I am really looking for something natural, some advise on how to tackle it all.  I wonder if I feel it all building up to take myself off for a long walk, get out of the house and out of his way and hopefully feel more able to cope when I get back.

How does everyone else cope with it all, I know I need help with this . 

It is having a effect of my teenage daughters as well now, so can anyone help???  All suggestions welcome.

Thank you
Jane :-\

Astolat

I've had a couple of really bad days this week, My hubby sent me a lovely bouquet of roses this morning to cheer me up! Bless him, he's really not so bad  :)

Sandra

Cazikins.............like you I have a young husband, 15 years younger than me, I am 60, he took me to the Doctors, sat with me and has been an amazing support. How special to have a supportive, loving husband.

hectors house

After printing off the "info for husbands sheet" last month to try to explain how crap I was feeling, my husband now constantly flatters and flirts with me trying to make me feel more attractive and I don't know if it is that or the HRT but our sex live has certainly improved!

Bette

:congrats:
Bette x

kate1

Having the tolerance level of a saint is the best thing he's done! He also talks to me like I need a lot of care and kindness which is rather sweet. I'm sure I'd not have the patience he's had with me, but he just seems to accept its a difficult thing to go through for me.

Buzzee

I have had a lot difficult emotional times during the past wee while and my husband has been very supportive with hugs.  He is helping me with my nutritional needs - he wants to sit down once a week and go over our meal plan for the week which is very helpful as then we have the proper foods available and nothing is left to chance.

Meg

If you have a supportive husband/partner you are really lucky, if not it can seem like you are trying to climb a mountain loaded up with baggage and no helping hand.

Meg

lady57

Re: What's the best thing your partner has done to help you through the menopause?
« Reply #133 on: September 27, 2012, 06:14:33 PM »

My husband gives me a wide berth and does not answer back or argue when i go off on one so i come out of my strop quicker than if he kept it going. That might sound silly but it is really helpful for me as i do not do myself any good getting all stressed and anxious and wound up. He also does not put any expectations on me, like meals at a set time or a standard of housekeeping that i cannot manage. He doesn't understand the meno stuff but he accepts what i tell him and doesn't belittle it. He's lovely  :) oh yes, the one thing he struggles with is me turning the heating off, and the window open when he is feeling cold at night.

meno lesley

Re: What's the best thing your partner has done to help you through the menopause?
« Reply #134 on: September 27, 2012, 06:56:21 PM »

Not sure where I would have been without him. Have been on a rollercoaster the last 2 years and he is the one I have shared it all with. I think it has made us stronger in a strange way.

Lesley x
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20