Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13

Author Topic: Spiders  (Read 45070 times)

pixie

Spiders
« on: September 09, 2012, 07:57:46 AM »

Yikes massive spider in the bathroom last night - had to shut all the doors, dam up all the cracks, shut the  windows  :hotflash: and sleep with the light on (live on my own)  still there this morning in the sink.  Managed to give it a bath and remove with a tea towel out of the window :o

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Spiders
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 08:00:00 AM »

Much easier to deal with the cool light of day  ;) ....... I moved a loo roll holder last week and screamed when a large beastie scurried out, normally once I know which way they are running I can cope .......... it's that time of year!

Walking down our garden paths means I get webs face on  :o ...........

pixie

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 08:03:19 AM »

;D x

Does himself deal with spiders?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 08:06:57 AM by pixie »

purplenanny

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2012, 09:39:54 AM »

Web face is not at all nice!! There are loads of webs and what I call autumn spiders, all amongst the plants bushes

I would not have coped well with the spider and the tea towel!!!!!!!!! Well done. Did the towel go out as well ;D mine would have!

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2012, 09:45:08 AM »

Pixie - as well as damming up the cracks you need to put the plugs in the plug holes and stuff loo paper into the overflow in the bath and basin as these are their usual entry and exit points from a bathroom.

I love spiders of course, being an "insecty" sort of person, but I know that lots of people don't like the thought of them scurrying around and you have my sympathy!

Taz x

Anne

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2012, 09:54:54 AM »

I've had a couple of big ones recently.  I don't 'like' them but I wouldn't hurt one and tend to feel sorry for them when they're stuck in the sink/bath and can't get out.  If they're small and it won't bother me to have them running around, I tear off some loo roll and hang it over the sink/bath so they can grip onto something and crawl out.  If it's a monster spider (eek!) I open a window (you must be prepared!!), get a tall plastic beaker and put it over it, slide a piece of cardboard underneath, being careful not to chop off a leg, and let it go out of the window. 

There's a saying that spiders don't reside in damp houses, so I suppose I should be pleased to see them!!   

limpy

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2012, 11:15:51 AM »

Not sure about the damp house thing. Our house has bits which are 1700s and some which are 1970s, however, it is damp everywhere. Sadly the spiders are everywhere as well.

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2012, 11:28:21 AM »

"If you wish to live and thrive
"Let a spider run alive  .... "  ;)

Himself ran to the rescue but I had sorted it - it's lurking under a piece of furniture in the hall and it's not likely to be disturbed in the near future  ;D

flushtered

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2012, 02:11:36 PM »

Hate them and can't touch them -eek!  :o  Hate web face too, yuk.  :o

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2012, 03:23:33 PM »

Remember that large beastie of above: well a few moments ago I was having a quiet 5 mins.: NOT!  :o when it crawled rather than scuttled across the floor.  I have now removed said critter which seemed to be stuck in it's own web, she is now outdoors in the sunshine  ;)

Taz2

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2012, 04:26:22 PM »

Dehydration is what kills most indoor spiders.

Taz x

honeybun

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2012, 05:16:02 PM »

I will not offer them a drink then  :o :o

Cant stand them....OH dispatches them and I dont ask how.

Honeyb
x

Taz2

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2012, 05:32:44 PM »

I take it that you adore flies then HoneyB  :P :P

limpy

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2012, 05:37:24 PM »

I used to be very tolerant with spiders, carrying them outside etc.

However, one night when dozing off, in bed, I felt something rustling on my head. Threw back covers, turned lights on, (startled OH, who was asleep), only to see a MASSIVE daddy long legs sprinting over the pillow. This changed my outlook.

pixie

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2012, 06:12:12 PM »

Web face and spider earrings! :rofl:  What a glorious look for the garden

Purplenanny - its the first time I have ever removed such a large beast with the tea towel and not throw the towel out too!!  Must say I was somewhat chuffed. I had to paralyse it first by giving a little shower, but legs still moving aaaarrrgh, panic.  I've hoovered everywhere today, and now that has broken down.
Taz, yes I did put all the plugs in and thanks for the tip about loo roll will dam up all the holes in the bathroom to stop the creature from comming back in.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 06:20:11 PM by pixie »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13