Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Scatterbrain!  (Read 23411 times)

pixie

Scatterbrain!
« on: August 29, 2012, 08:49:15 PM »

I have noticed that as soon as I think of something, it goes out of my mind.  I do have a very busy job and lots to think about, but I used to retain things really well and if anything think about the same thing for too long! Does anyone else have this?  I go into a room for something and don't know why I'm there.
Is this a menopause symptom or a senior moment, or just too much going on in brain???  :(
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 08:50:53 PM by pixie »

Dyan

Re: Scatterbrain!
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 09:02:48 PM »

Hi pixie,
I'm the same.
They say that after you've had a baby this can happen,and it's hormonal.
I was certainly like that then after having my children and now I'm worse I would say.
Like you I go into a room for something and get there and think,whatever is it,or I will do something completely different, go back and then realise that that was not what I wanted to do/get.
I do stupid things too like filling the teapot up with teabags instead of the tea caddy.
Putting the cereal in the fridge and the milk in the cupboard.
Once I went to get a plastic box out of the cupboard and inside was the cheese :-\

pixie

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 09:35:45 PM »

Hi Dyan, and Mrs P I've always been a bit scatty.   but like you Dyan I am doing silly things, especially in the kitchen and can't find where I've put stuff!  At work, i seem to remember most important things, but sometimes go completely blank.
I hope it goes off post meno. :o XX
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 09:38:53 PM by pixie »

meno lesley

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 10:15:51 PM »

I am post meno and it seems to have just hit me. I start doing something and then go onto something else and forget what I was doing originally. At work I have been put in charge of an important project and am really struggling to hold it all together as my mind wonders off. Frightening stuff!

Lesley x

nelliedee

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2012, 07:18:20 AM »

I have been like this for 3 years now and it has got steadily worse
N x

Tea and Toast

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2012, 08:12:15 AM »

I think people have this when they are tired and the brains not functioning well but I also think its hormone related. I definitely have this!
If it doesn't matter too much eg dirty dish in the bread bin and loaf in the sink  :) then I laugh to myself and say oh the joys of being meno! If I made serious mistakes at work or elsewhere then I wouldn't find it so funny.
Sometimes you have to laugh or you'll cry!
Perhaps we should post more of these funny things!

pixie

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2012, 08:17:37 AM »

I've always been scatty, I threw my P45 in the dustbin once and had no excuse then!  Mum tells me to write lists. x

flushtered

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2012, 02:22:41 PM »

I'm finding that I seem to have lost the ability to multi-task and can only do one thing at a time.  Yesterday, I was at the checkout in a shop but was speaking to the next person in the queue who I knew - the cashier asked me to put my pin into the machine and I took out my card and kept talking!  She never noticed and asked me if I'd put my pin in and I realised that I'd put my card away when I was talking!  Then I came home, was putting shopping away and saw that my son had used the new cheese grater which I insisted on calling a tin opener when I was talking to him about it - to test me he asked me to repeat what I'd said and I still called it a tin opener!!  Bit worrying for work as I often have to deal with several things at the same time and I've always felt that I'm able to do that and be on the ball - will need to be extra careful.

Tea and Toast

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2012, 04:53:55 PM »

I know what you mean flushtered, I think it is worse when you are tired too. I feel really tired today as didn't sleep for long last night and I found myself feeling more offended by customers than usual and generally a bit defensive. Luckily, I could leave a bit early as I have done lots of hours this week already. I think it is a bit worrying trying to keep it all going smoothly at work. Not easy at the best of times but when meno/ tiredness kick in its doubly hard!

catlady

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2012, 05:08:46 PM »

I'm the same.   I often go into a room and can't remember
why I'm there !    I also have problems remembering what I'm talking about
at times, and I often can't think of the word I want. It is worse when I'm overtired.
Scary!

pixie

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2012, 05:45:01 PM »

;D  I can relate to the pin stuff when shopping.  Sometimes I think I have already paid for something as I am often ahead of myself! I've put my card away instead of putting in the machine! :o

limpy

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2012, 05:54:40 PM »

My most recent thing was having a leg of lamb ready to cook, then very nearly, putting  it in the fridge.

flushtered

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2012, 06:49:06 PM »

Thanks Tea and Toast, catlady, pixie and limpy  ;D ;D Glad to know it's not just me!  ;D

pixie

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2012, 07:03:55 PM »

Even when I write lists, I usually forget one of the things on it and have to rush back from the cashier over to the food aisles.  I seem to constantly make a fool of myself in supermarkets!!! ;D
I go in one room, forget why I went in there, go back to the other room and remember what I had to do in the first room, then go back into the other room........ :-X
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 07:05:57 PM by pixie »

flushtered

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2012, 07:12:55 PM »

I wrote a list and left it in the car, then had to go round trying to remember what was on it!  Not as bad as OH who parked at one shop, then when he came out of there, he crossed the road to go to the bakers and after that he walked home completely forgetting he'd had the car with him  ;D ;D ;D so maybe they go through this too!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5