Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 28

Author Topic: Confused and sad  (Read 104478 times)

Smokey

Re: Confused and sad
« Reply #60 on: May 31, 2012, 04:28:07 PM »

Hi everyone,

thanks Mrs purple for the thyroid info, I can't believe it doesn't say in the enclosed leaflet about leaving it for an hour before food.  I think 25mg is very low, I just hope when I have my next blood test in 3 weeks time my results are within normal range if not I guess it will be increased to 50mgs I hope I start to feel better soon as I'm off on holiday on 7th July to Cyprus for a week, at least with just me and hubby we can have a bit of luxury for a change, without paying for children, 5 star hotel all inclusive, and we have got a jucuzzi too,
Hubby wanted to buy one,but I said no cause I would end up cleaning it out, so have one on hols as a compromise instead, a lot cheaper too.

Oh yes and I don't know if anyone remembers the delivery of Internet shopping conversations recently, but I spoke to next delivery driver and he said of course we bring it in and put it anywhere you want. So no problems any more,shame they don't put it in the cupboards too!

Mac you could do yours online until you feel confident about going out again and doing it your self, I know I was so scared with panic attacks I stayed in for about a month, I look back now and think how silly, but of course at the time it was so scary, especially with having ms, a parathyroid op and menopause straight after, I thought I was going to die, of course I didn't but it felt like it at the time.

Do you like reading Mac I think I spent the whole month with my e reader continually charging .

Speak. To you all soon. Xx

mac

« Reply #61 on: May 31, 2012, 04:39:17 PM »

Hi Smokey

I love reading, but sometimes my mind wonders when i'm in a state of anxiety :(  can anyone tell me how long the beta blockers take to work.  Had a bad morning, a fairly good afternoon and now i feel awful and i've taken rescue remedy.  Just had a quick chat with the only call GP, not as helpful as the others, who told me i would have to ride it out until at least after the weekend OMG i hope i make it that far.  He also said that the AD can sometimes increase anxiety before it gets better, just what i needed to hear.  noet to self, avoid that GP!!

Mac

paisley

« Reply #62 on: May 31, 2012, 04:54:58 PM »

It is so hard to concentrate with anxiety isn't it? I always found the beta blockers worked quickly. You want to sit down and relax but can't. I know it is hard but try to concentrate on something. I was still feeling bad last night (cos as everyone know stupidly came of AD suddenly) so got into bed and put Miranda on cos it is the one and only thing that can bring a smile to my face when I feel bad. Have you tried going for a walk? Can you try and relieve some of that tension by punching a pillow. Think how positive it was that you had a fairly good afternoon, that is progress. Have you tried camomile  or valerian tea? Could take the edge of it a bit.
Keep posting on here as well so you have something to do. Another positive thing is that someone said the AD will work quickly so that is something to look forward to
YOU WILL GET BETTER SOONER THAN YOU THINK

mac

« Reply #63 on: May 31, 2012, 05:08:30 PM »

Thanks Paisley, hope you begin to feel better soon I can empathise with the anxiety and truley understand where you are.  Perhaps your being to hard on yourself with coming off the AD's at the moment and maybe you should have a conversation with your GP (maybe you have already)  I truly believe that whilst we're in this state of flux we should take what our bodies need at that time.
I suppose sometimes for me I let things pray on my mind and I can imagine all sorts of illness, but I've only been like this since the begining of this year.
I am also supposed to be flying home a week on Wednesday to see my Mum who's been in hospital since last August and she is desperate to see me and me her as we're very close and I am terified that i will not be able to make it.

Mac

paisley

« Reply #64 on: May 31, 2012, 05:38:04 PM »

I think when we feel bad everything prays on our mind, I am terrible for over exaggeration and always imagine the worst I think that is what anxiety does to us. Do you live abroad? I live in Spain and find it a bit odd trying to settle. Been here since last August, I do like it but I think it takes a while to settle cos you are leaving everything familiar behind plus my daughter has to stay in U.K cos she has a job there and we are very close. She has been such a help with me going through the meno. Son useless  I have 23, 20 and 4 year old, I know must be mad musn't I. We never planned the 3rd but I am glad now cos the year after having him started with menopause so couldn't have had one if I wanted so I always think he was meant to be.
Are you worried about the flight cos of your anxiety? Don't forget by then the. meds will have got into your system and you are feeling much better so I wouldn't think beyond one day at a time, things can change one day to the next for the better. Yesterday I was feeling horrendous and today I feel a bit better.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #65 on: May 31, 2012, 06:36:22 PM »

The GP was being honest!  don't expect too much too soon  ;)

mac

« Reply #66 on: May 31, 2012, 06:40:05 PM »

Thanks CLKD I know your right but its horrible feeling like this.  I've just given myself a kick up the a***e.

Mac

CLKD

« Reply #67 on: May 31, 2012, 06:42:05 PM »

One of these then:

:kick:

don't be too hard on yourself.  These symptoms are real and debilitating.  I thought I would *never* recover from the anxiety which kept me housebound.  I dispaired.  Spent hours dozing on the settee surrounded by dogs/cats/fluff/dust with the radio on in the background.  Gradually the medication began to work but I feared deep down that it wouldn't.  Generally I feel better now than I have done for ages, would never go through the 1990s again but that learning curve taught me what to do when I begin to feel ruff .........

mac

« Reply #68 on: May 31, 2012, 06:44:26 PM »

Thanks for make me smile ;D

JJ

« Reply #69 on: May 31, 2012, 06:48:25 PM »

Mac, little steps, the anti depressants will work. I started taking them last year as was in a horrible state with anxiety. I'm in peri and frankly it's been a rough ride, anxiety is vile. Slowly but surely the tablets kicked in , feel so much better, you will too. X

Smokey

« Reply #70 on: May 31, 2012, 08:25:33 PM »

Hi mac,

Don't worry about what the gp said, as every one reacts differently to meds, just because some people suffer from anxiety,before is cures it , doesn't mean you will.

Keep positive, forget about your flight until the day before, I expect you will feel much calmer by then, and once you get on that plane you will have something to look forward to Your mum! You will be able to confide,and I'm sure will be comforted by her and maybe she will tell you some of her meno blips.

Speak to you soon

Xx

mac

« Reply #71 on: May 31, 2012, 08:31:17 PM »

Thank you ladies, have had a better evening - score 3 out of 10 compared to yesterday it was -3 :)

Macxxxx

CLKD

« Reply #72 on: May 31, 2012, 09:12:58 PM »

Little steps. Don't rush too much as you begin to improve or you will use up your energy levels  ;)

Bette

« Reply #73 on: May 31, 2012, 09:24:19 PM »

:congrats: Mac
Bette x

mac

« Reply #74 on: June 01, 2012, 07:10:03 AM »

Have been awake since 5am :( knew i needed to eat but couldn't until i had my thyroxine. Feel very sick but might be a side effect of the medicinces. Anxiety not so bad.
Mac
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 28