Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 715 716 [717] 718 719 ... 770

Author Topic: How is the weather with you?  (Read 1525324 times)

Two hoots

Re: How is the weather with you?
« Reply #10740 on: February 17, 2022, 01:04:44 PM »

The warning is for the morning so if the power goes off we will have time to get the candles out.  High winds always make me nervous, I live on top of a hill and get lots of sleepless nights when I can hear the gusts hitting the house, I always expect the roof to be torn off, we wouldn’t be the first around hear to lose it  :'(

The train company has already cancelled all trains from Bristol, and lots of local businesses closed tomorrow including the covid vacation centre.

Ill be so happy on Saturday if we still have a roof and no injuries from flying debris  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #10741 on: February 17, 2022, 03:24:59 PM »

That area is scheduled a storm and a half !

Air becoming colder
Sun still shining from a blue sky, the wind is rising  :-\

C.C.

« Reply #10742 on: February 17, 2022, 06:09:03 PM »

Take care and stay safe Two hoots!

We have a storm heading this way today as well.  We've had heavy rain all night and into this morning.  The wind is going to pick up and the temp is going to dip steadily and along with that... freezing rain and more snow. >:(  There's another snowfall warning for tonight and overnight, expecting 10-25cm, depending.  People are being asked not to go out if they don't have to, just to allow the salt trucks to brine the main roads to keep the freezing rain from accumulating. I'm worried about dd driving home from work later tonight, she's not a very confident driver in this kind of weather.
 Just as the remnants of the last storm melt, we are getting walloped again.  Hoping for a snow day tomorrow.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2022, 06:23:06 PM by C.C. »

Ju Ju

« Reply #10743 on: February 17, 2022, 06:31:03 PM »

You in the USA, CC? My son is in Maine. Just been sent a video of the snow, though it has thawed a bit, but they are expecting more snow. My DIL built an amazing igloo in the garden that the kids played in . Not something we can do here!

Not looking forward to the storm. It sounds 10 times worse as we have trees close. Very tall trees that the owner refuses to manage. I’m glad the bedrooms are the other end of the bungalow. Plus the winds are from the west, so any fallen trees should fall away from us. We are up a hill, but as we live in a bungalow, we feel a bit more sheltered.

CLKD

« Reply #10744 on: February 17, 2022, 06:33:52 PM »

Could your Council not do an assessment, they do have a duty of care surely with regards trees maintenance?

Quiet thus far.  Curtains closed. I may bring our council bins out of direct winds.

C.C.

« Reply #10745 on: February 17, 2022, 07:01:01 PM »

You in the USA, CC? My son is in Maine. Just been sent a video of the snow, though it has thawed a bit, but they are expecting more snow. My DIL built an amazing igloo in the garden that the kids played in . Not something we can do here!

Not looking forward to the storm. It sounds 10 times worse as we have trees close. Very tall trees that the owner refuses to manage. I’m glad the bedrooms are the other end of the bungalow. Plus the winds are from the west, so any fallen trees should fall away from us. We are up a hill, but as we live in a bungalow, we feel a bit more sheltered.

No, I'm in Canada, southern Ontario. We tend to get hit with the same weather that comes up the east coast.

Two hoots

« Reply #10746 on: February 17, 2022, 08:15:08 PM »

You too CC.

Wind in the area according to BBC weather gusting at 91 mph tomorrow at 9 am then 60 mph for the rest if the day, but the good news is no snow forecast  ;D

Aprilflower

« Reply #10747 on: February 18, 2022, 08:22:37 AM »

We now have a red warning between 10 and 3.

CLKD

« Reply #10748 on: February 18, 2022, 09:26:41 AM »

We had a warning across the East Midlands from 8.00 but so far, apart from blustery ........ blue sky.  Drizzle.  At the same time  :o

Two hoots

« Reply #10749 on: February 18, 2022, 09:39:01 AM »

Some big gusts, the Mumbles weather station has recorded a gust of 88mph so far this morning, its also raining with the storm now  :o

Some parts of the area are without power but so far so good here  :) Almost everything around has closed for the day, schools, shops so no need to go out, stay safe if Eunice is heading your way  :)

CLKD

« Reply #10750 on: February 18, 2022, 02:13:41 PM »

It arrived about 10.30, wind began rising.  It's blue sky but hammering hail against the windows.  I'm going to buy Swiss-style shutters ready for next time!  Items blowing around, I was in the yard earlier and some pots were chasing me back into the house  :o I didn't wait to see which ones  ::)

Not particularly cold.  Snow in some places though, Paisley and Stirling in particular.

Two hoots

« Reply #10751 on: February 18, 2022, 02:26:06 PM »

Beautiful sunshine and very windy but not the scary gusts of this morning  :)

The millennium dome looks a bit battered  :o

CLKD

« Reply #10752 on: February 18, 2022, 03:20:07 PM »

A spire has left a Church in Bath or Wells  :o - can't remember but there's a video on line

We had 2 short power outages, both whilst I was watching the skating from China: fortunately in between each competitor.

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #10753 on: February 18, 2022, 03:24:57 PM »

Very windy, havnt had much rain.

C.C.

« Reply #10754 on: February 18, 2022, 04:06:29 PM »

Snow day!! :banana:  The snow ended early this morning so we've been out shoveling. Not as much as the last storm so that's good. The schools are closed, partly because of the storm and also Monday is a holiday so they figured to give the kids an extra day off. ;)
Bright sunshine now, it's cold but gorgeous. Might go for a walk later when the roads have been cleared.
Pages: 1 ... 715 716 [717] 718 719 ... 770