Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 770

Author Topic: How is the weather with you?  (Read 1525599 times)

Limpy

Re: How is the weather with you?
« Reply #2610 on: December 09, 2014, 03:41:29 PM »

Horribly windy - Supposed to get worse tomorrow night   :-\
Worried about the house staying in one piece.........

honeybun

« Reply #2611 on: December 09, 2014, 04:08:27 PM »

Hope all remains in one piece Limpy. I think you may miss this "weather bomb" that's headed our way.....whatever that may be. I did read about it and all I could think was....CALL IT A STORM  ;D

Honeyb
x

Joyce

« Reply #2612 on: December 09, 2014, 04:30:33 PM »

;D ;D ;D

Crazy names these days. Just a big storm, no more than we're used to up here. Wind seems to have calmed a bit here, but think it's to be bad again tomorrow.

Limpy

« Reply #2613 on: December 09, 2014, 05:16:19 PM »

Hope all remains in one piece Limpy. I think you may miss this "weather bomb" that's headed our way.....whatever that may be. I did read about it and all I could think was....CALL IT A STORM  ;D

Thanks Honeyb
Think you're right about you getting it worse than us - Good Luck when it hits  (whatever it is)

As it happens the wind has already caused some damage.
We had some new front gates fitted a couple of years ago, they are a bit tricky to close properly. Which is what happened today when the meter reader came. Gates weren't shut, left blowing in the wind damaging the wood and destroying the latch. All fixed now but could have done without it.

honeybun

« Reply #2614 on: December 09, 2014, 05:53:03 PM »

Sorry about your gates Limpy. We have secured all that we can. We are at the top of a hill so it blasts us. I think we fair better here because we have some islands in the bay and that slows things down a little bit.

All the ferries are cancelled.

When my kids were at big school kids from our nearest island came over every day. If the weather was bad and the ferries were going to stop running the ferry company notified the school. A special bell rang in the school and all island children left the class and got the last ferry. My son who was about 13 at the time decided along with a couple of pals to try their luck and leave class hoping the teacher would not know that they were not island children. They got as far as the bus before they were discovered. I got a call from school to tell me all about it. The teachers thought it was hilarious. What they would have done when they ended up on the island heaven only knows. We still tease him about it to this day.  ;D

Honeyb
x

Joyce

« Reply #2615 on: December 09, 2014, 05:59:38 PM »

My brother says they are getting hit with worst rain they've ever encountered down the west coast. Must be bad if he's posting on FB!

Hurdity

« Reply #2616 on: December 09, 2014, 08:30:35 PM »

It's been grey but mild and dry here today although ice on the car this morning. Still seeing people without coats! Just beginning to get a few occasional gusts - I think it may move south tomorrow according to my husband.

Sounds dreadful so do stay safe all of you up in Scotland and the North....

Hurdity x

honeybun

« Reply #2617 on: December 09, 2014, 09:41:10 PM »

Yep, took my son three hours from Edinburgh. Should have taken two and my daughter two hours from Glasgow should have taken one. Never seen rain like it. It's all gone very quiet now. The calm before the rest of the storm.

Honeyb
x

Joyce

« Reply #2618 on: December 09, 2014, 10:26:34 PM »

Very calm here too, eerily so! Blizzards forecast for here tomorrow. Yippee! Not!

Dulciana

« Reply #2619 on: December 09, 2014, 10:41:37 PM »

I'm listening to rain starting to batter against the window now.  Windy too - but Edinburgh's the "windy city" anyway.  Been talking with my Dad, who's quite sensibly thinking about staying at home tomorrow.  Take care, anyone who's got to travel.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2620 on: December 09, 2014, 11:01:09 PM »

Blustery now.  But 9 in the car at 6.00 p.m., it's now 11  ::) - no wonder I have crocus up!

Joyce

« Reply #2621 on: December 09, 2014, 11:18:33 PM »

Can't be as windy as Aberdeen Dulciana. Hardly a day goes by here without wind of some description.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2622 on: December 09, 2014, 11:19:40 PM »

:-X    ;D   â€¦â€¦â€¦ is that outdoors we're talking about here  ;)

Did the kiddlies arrive OK Honeybun?  Curry eaten?  DH uses breasts when making curry …….

Joyce

« Reply #2623 on: December 09, 2014, 11:21:00 PM »

Yep, some days more than others. Seldom have fully calm days.

Joyce

« Reply #2624 on: December 10, 2014, 08:16:34 AM »

Breezy, but dry so far. 
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 770