Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Hoarding clutter  (Read 9996 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Hoarding clutter
« on: May 04, 2012, 11:31:41 AM »

:o  this type of programme surfaces occasionally and I can easily see how people get in such muddles.

For me it's wanting to keep things but not having the places to display them; or enough drawers to store them in; or remembering that once stored that I even own them  ::)

CLKD

Re: Hoarding clutter
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 12:15:34 PM »

Yep.  Hoarding to that extreme can soon get out of control.  Already I have stuff on our lounge floor mostly books, maps and letters waiting to be replied to.  If I put the latter away I forget they need a reply.  If I don't put things into the proper place at once they get hidden under piles of other things.  I could soon become a person with boxes from floor to ceiling with momentoes in.

Having said that selling our books at the local market on a Friday for 6 months has helped, I haven't missed any of them!  The only item I feel sad about is a Merino glass necklace which I hummed and aahed over, the morning I decided that I would keep and wear it this Summer, someone bought it from my stall  ::) but she is thrilled with it.

My brooches are now on display: on dressmakers models so that I can see them!

viv

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 01:35:23 PM »

I hate clutter....I can only put up with a bit of a mess for a very short time and then it has to go.

I guess its just another form of OCD......being obsessively neat and tidy.

Honeyb
x

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 03:26:25 PM »

I would like our stuff around us but not in clutter form  ::) - haven't found those keys yet Mrs P  ;)

KatieLiz

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 03:35:00 PM »

I have discovered a website called Flylady.net - it's got amazing advice to help keep your clutter under control.  Also it does venture into other areas of life as well.

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, 05:44:01 PM »

Dare I look at that  ???  .........

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2012, 05:53:39 PM »

I hate my clutter - but unfortunately my husband doesn't see it in the same way. All I can visualise is that one day my sons will have to sort it all out which is what I had to do when my mum and dad died.

Taz x

Taz2

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2012, 06:48:59 PM »

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2012, 07:28:49 PM »

I don't suppose hubby's keys are under a pile of something in your house are they CLKD?  ;)

Look around the microwave ;)

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2012, 07:30:46 PM »

I hate my clutter - but unfortunately my husband doesn't see it in the same way. All I can visualise is that one day my sons will have to sort it all out which is what I had to do when my mum and dad died.

Taz x

That's what my Mum keeps saying. Every time I ring her she's "sorting out" drawers etc.

I used to work with elderly people and they all get this urge to sort things and then they say "I don't like dust gatherers" ..... I try and avoid saying that because I think it makes me sound like 90!

KatieLiz

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2012, 07:37:42 PM »

My 13 year old son referred to his football trophies as 'dust gatherers' so it's not just the elderly!  But it is probably when I tell him to clean his room this happens!!

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2012, 09:30:05 PM »

:bounce:

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2012, 09:30:33 PM »

Once I've sold/passed things on I never miss them.  Stuff which is precious is hung on the walls, worn, stored carefully ........

san

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2012, 09:38:18 PM »

I'm a throw it out type married to a store it'd like a squirrel ... adds interest to our relationship sometimes  ::)

littleminnie

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2012, 09:09:33 AM »

I'm lucky then, we both dont like clutter. I like everything neat, clean and tidy. I like things to be put back where they live. It's a shame my kids haven't inherited this though.  :)
Pages: [1] 2