Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Tinnitus hell seems it is incurable.  (Read 18642 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Tinnitus hell seems it is incurable.
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2013, 09:48:09 AM »

An aside - how is your Bro Cazikins?

I have a whooshing this morning  ::)

Cazikins

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2013, 02:00:51 PM »

An aside - how is your Bro Cazikins?

/quote]

He's doing well thanks CLKD.
It was February 2008 he was diagnosed with it so he is doing pretty good considering.
His voice is very weak which frustrates the hell out of him, & he still has 6 monthly check ups. He does get depressed but gets a bit of help with that.
I can't say he is the same brother he was before the big C was diagnosed as he has been affected by it so much - but he is still MY Brother & very special (even if he is grumpy most of the time).

Thanks for asking, that was very kind of you to remember him. xx

Smokey

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2013, 06:53:10 AM »

Hi I hope it's hormonal as I work up at 4am with it my skin felt tingly too I wad so scared I could eff feel myself starting to have a panic attack and I have not had one for two years since starting her it didn't help that my husband wad away too

Smokey

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2013, 07:23:06 AM »

Oops sorry my kindle needed charging so plugged in so I was saying been fine since hrt managed to stop the panic by slow deep breathing but it was just so loud in the quiet of the night I have started to have return of Peru symptoms last couple of weeks feeling insecure and a bit tearfully a few hot glows although no in face but just down my back and now this last night I just wanted to rip my head off!

I just wondered have you thought of nerve damage as I have  nerve pain in my hand with my  m s And three nights ago I reduced my pills by 5mg to see if there was any change in it or if it had gone for a while I shall increase again tonight and pray it's that and it goes I  Will let  you know

Smokey

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2013, 03:48:27 PM »

Hi Sarai

I said I'd let you know , well I went back to my normal dose in increasing by 5mg to my original 65mg and slept all night and woke this morning and it has actually gone!

So it could either be a coincidence or the tabs!
So could it be nerve damage showing as this in my ear but not exactly pain?

Maybe you should get this checked out with your Doc the medication is called Nortriptyline and it is a type of antidepressant  with is used to treat other things like nerve pain ,tension headaches and maybe migraine as well

It could be the answer to your nightmare Tinitus !

Let me know how it goes

Sarai

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2013, 09:28:59 PM »

Thanks smokey, I will talk with the GP. But I do already take antidepressants so don't know how it would work. I do have a sense it nerve damage of some sort caused by a small clot. According to tinnitus therapist my T behaves differently from most other sufferers. So I am hoping the prognosis of no respite after a year is wrong.

Trey

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2013, 01:39:24 PM »

The jaw has a great deal to do with some forms of tinnitus.  Google tinnitus and jaw or tmj and tinnitus, and maybe trigger points and jaw.  Dr. Janet Travell pointed out that TMJ can cause a temporary tinnitus.  I got mine from inner ear infection and have endured it for 13 miserable years.  Most of time can sort of ignore, but it is awful.

honeybun

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2013, 02:15:50 PM »

Mine also came after an infection. I have also noticed that I am loosing a degree of hearing on that side  :-\. I had not noticed before but recently I have been using a sleep app. I can hear it fine until my ear that has problems is the one that's not on the pillow. It all goes very muffled. I don't know if it's irreversible. Really don't want to go to the GP with yet another complaint.

Honeyb
X
Pages: 1 [2]