Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 79

Author Topic: Tell us how you cope with vaginal dryness  (Read 875062 times)

Nervousnel

Re: Tell us how you cope with vaginal dryness
« Reply #795 on: April 03, 2014, 12:42:12 PM »

Hi again Hellen,  A bit obsessed with myself at the moment.  I should have said yesterday, sorry you're not doing to well at the moment, and hope you get some improvement soon.  It really impacts on quality of life this thing.

hellen

« Reply #796 on: April 03, 2014, 10:44:57 PM »

Hi nervousnel. I order mine on line to, they never question my usage. depends who you see when you get in to see a gp, but most don't have any problems giving you what you ask for. im waiting for a hospital appointment at the moment, only to find they are so busy I cant get one lol..  they will call me when they have one lol..  probably by the time I get an appointment I have sorted it out or given up. lol. there are two things to think about, you can have a very low level thrush, that can be a nuisance, not quite there not quite gone either.  i think it mentions thrush on the vagifem leaflet. also i find washing underwear in washing powder, doesn't seem to help me at all. i have to use a very mild soap.

Nervousnel

« Reply #797 on: April 04, 2014, 05:46:57 PM »

Hi Hellen,  Thanks.  I'll try washing my undies by hand.  Anything to help.  I did have a swab for thrush in the beginning (Aug.2012) but I guess that doesn't mean I don't have it now, but don't think so.  Feeling almost normal today thank goodness.  I also got some omega 7 tablets.  Tried them last year, for about 2 months,  but that was a bit daft as I was perfect at the time so had no idea whether they helped.  However, I did notice that the skin on my legs was much less dry and flakey so might be worth taking them just for that. Quite dear though.
Hope you get your appointment soon.  When I was referred to a gynae appointment 2012 had to wait about 4 weeks, then got a letter it was postponed for about 3 weeks., very frustrating when you're  in considerable discomfort.    lolx 

Nervousnel

« Reply #798 on: April 04, 2014, 06:19:48 PM »

Hi again Hellen,  Let us know how you get on with the hospital.  lolx

hellen

« Reply #799 on: April 04, 2014, 10:25:05 PM »

Hi nervousnel I have very dry skin as well, not tried omega 7. is it worth having a go with it. going back to the thrush, I was advised to treat for thrush once a month by one gyne, I never did..  no hospital appointment as yet. lol..

Nervousnel

« Reply #800 on: April 05, 2014, 11:18:29 AM »

Hi Hellen,  I'm trying  Omega 7 again anyway. started a couple of days ago.  I'm also on statins and bought some Bioglan co-enzyme Q10.  Its supposed to give a bit more energy  that statins might reduce.  Need some more get up and go.    Thought I had cracked it yesterday, but this morning not so good - used vagifem last night too. At least thats helping quite a lot, would hate to go back to state before Vagifem.   Used Replens this morning.  Have you tried that?  I do find that it helps me.  Some on here find it helps, others think its nasty, yukky stuff.  Also I smear on a little sensilube after washing.  At least its a nice day - a little sunshine certainly lifts the mood.  xx

hellen

« Reply #801 on: April 05, 2014, 04:42:15 PM »

hi, if you wanna make it a bit more private I have sent you a message in my messages. its a blue square, under your profile .. lol  dunnow if you found it..  no not tried either of those. and tend to increase the vagifem if I feel not right but don't know if I should but I do.

debram

« Reply #802 on: April 30, 2014, 06:52:12 AM »

My GYN consultant suggested almond oil, applied after a shower every day (or as needed), works a treat! Great on dry skin too. HRT has improved the problem too.

ancient runner

« Reply #803 on: April 30, 2014, 11:16:36 AM »

My VA didn't really improve properly with anything until I started using the estring -- which for some reason doesn't seem to be a popular option. But if you're up and down with symptoms and vagifem isn't working properly I really would suggest you try it. Things got much better on the first 3 month ring and are even better now 4 months in, after more than a year when I couldn't sit, swim or have a bath.

hellen

« Reply #804 on: May 13, 2014, 10:11:07 PM »

Hi, ancient runner, can you really have a bath again...  I miss having a soak, lol...  I have just been to see the gyne at the hospital and she has took me off vagifem, and back on to moisturisers, but it continual maintenance.. but I will see how far I can go before it drives me completely nuts, but its very unpractical...  lol.. she mentioned to me there is a new non hormonal treatment  out for vaginal dryness, that she thought I should try,  just wondered has anyone else  been heard of it. I tried to google new treatment and all that came up was..  Ophena, don't know if its the one the gyne was trying to think of.. as im still waiting for the follow up letter..

Linsey44

« Reply #805 on: May 13, 2014, 10:36:26 PM »

Hi nervousnel

I was prone to repeated uti's for a couple of years,  there can be a lot of sugar in cranberry juice and any bacteria can feed off the sugar content.  Sugar also enables thrush to thrive and multiply, as does foods containing yeast.

Have you tried d manose for maintaining bladder or a cranberry supplement instead of the juice and what i found helpful was a mega probiotic tablet to encourage good bacteria.

Linsey

Hurdity

« Reply #806 on: May 14, 2014, 10:52:27 AM »

Hi hellen

I was just wondering why you have been taken off Vagifem if you have VA - this is generally a treatment for life, and I am surprised that a gynae would do this? I would not want to rely on moisturisers, and especially if you are not on full HRT ( not sure if you are or not?)

Unless there is a medical reason why you personally should not use Vagifem I would go back to GP and insist - they cannot refuse you treatment. As you say twice a week is the maintenance dose.

It is better not to wait until you  go "completely nuts" - much better to keep VA at bay by the regular drip feed of low dose vaginal oestrogen.

Hurdity x

Nervousnel

« Reply #807 on: May 15, 2014, 08:08:26 PM »

Hi Linsey 44,  I seem to be ok now.  Hope it lasts.  Using about 4 x 10mcg vagifem a week.  While the vagifem is sorting the VA  I don't get the uti's.   The blip I had lasted about 6 weeks and I got very upset thinking the vagifem wasn't going to work any more.  I used it every day for almost 3 weeks and its gradually improved until feeling normal now.  Bit concerned about the future.  I must have had a further drop in my own oestrogen which means I need 4 tabs a week instead of 2.  Where do you go when you get to needing 7 a week and its not enough.    At least my GP is ok with my increasing to 4 or 5.  Thanks for your suggestions about cranberry juice.  I'll bear it in mind if I need it again.  x

Suzi Q

« Reply #808 on: May 20, 2014, 07:50:32 AM »

What I find now is if I dont have sex for a couple of weeks I go smaller at the opening
I then find it hard to get the Vagifem in  or a LOU LOU BUT once they r in IM wet inside but its getting them in
Plus as I hurt my back and weve been celibate for 4 weeks now I find when I do get the thing in
Im also narrower inside as well? Yet still wet go figure anyone else have this problem?

Morwenna

« Reply #809 on: May 20, 2014, 08:33:39 AM »

Yes - I think that's what's meant by 'use it or lose it'....  maybe a vaginal dilator would help?
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 79